Home screen - add quick calling to your S/O and directions home

TheCleaner

Reaction score
Wanted to add a few things that I didn't even realize until now...guess I was too busy messing with widgets and wallpapers...lol. Maybe this will help someone else that didn't bother to find these either.

1. WANT A DIRECT DIAL LINK TO YOUR SPOUSE OR S/O?
    1. Hold down on the home screen and choose "shortcut"
    2. Choose Direct Dial
    3. Choose your S/O's contact
    4. Now you will have a direct dial contact of them on your home screen
  2. WANT ANYTIME DIRECTIONS TO YOUR HOUSE ON YOUR HOME SCREEN?
    1. Hold down on the home screen and choose "shortcut"
    2. Choose Directions
    3. Put in your home address and check "turn by turn navigation"
    4. Choose an icon
    5. Now you will have directions home anywhere you are...
Hope that helps someone.

lockman

Reaction score
Backnblack;74723 Which most have been already covered...and the search feature is almost forgotten....:icon_ banana:[URL="http://www.droidforums.net/forum/search.php" said:

As a vBulletin forum vet and as a smart phone n00b, I see both sides. On the site where I waste most of my time, I lose it when people don't use search. It's too easy not to. But not knowing any better with this phone, I learn tons of stuff that I didn't even know to search for from these threads. Just my .02

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Awesome tip, however....

if your phone was ever stolen and you marked your GPS to your home location, I don't think that would be too safe. I personally choose somewhere near my home, but not the exact location. A great idea, just a safety tip, never know what's gonna happen.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can browse threads and search -- they're not mutually exclusive. It's proper forum etiquette (not that it matters with you kids these days -- j/k) to read the FAQ(s), search and then post if you don't find an answer.

Seriously, though, get off my lawn! :p

OP
TheCleaner

TheCleaner

Reaction score
Very cool!! Thanks!

Welcome. I'm bumping this cause I saw a few people in the "ask the verizon tech" the same question this thread answers.

Which most have been already covered...and the search feature is almost forgotten....:icon_ banana:

My fault...when I originally searched I didn't realize it was called "Direct dial" until I figured it out on the phone itself. I guess I should've searched after the fact before I posted the thread at that point.

I agree with the "search noob!" philosophy so here's my own slap on the wrist. :)