Home ++ Bug List

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think since this is the best Home replacement out there we should help the developer with a bug thread. I know he's on here watching (I Think).

1) I had 7 screens and I deleted all the stuff on screen #6. I changed the settings to 6 screens and screen #7 went away and I was left with the blank screen 6. Now unless I move a whole screens full of stuff over I cant go back to 6 screens... please have it check for blank screens and have it done automatically.

2) Lots of FC's if you have widgets running. Takes a long time for them to load up when you turn on or do a battery pull. Sometimes they stick until you open up the keyboard and go landscape.

3) When hitting the bottom to pull up a list of your applications it takes a LONG time. They come up and then have be put in alphabetical order.

4) Same as 3, many times when I pull up the list of apps it only list a few... typically the last few updated. If I turn the phone to landscape they all load up. (or open the keyboard).

arm33n

Reaction score
I really like the home ++ app but its not for me as of yet cuz im so ocd its not funny

like I noticed some lag issues and i noticed that it was using up my battery a lot at some point too. Once its fully ready with more updates, then i will get it, other than that i think its a really nice looking app.

Btw whats persistent mode?

iSecks

Reaction score
I think since this is the best Home replacement out there we should help the developer with a bug thread. I know he's on here watching (I Think).

1) I had 7 screens and I deleted all the stuff on screen #6. I changed the settings to 6 screens and screen #7 went away and I was left with the blank screen 6. Now unless I move a whole screens full of stuff over I cant go back to 6 screens... please have it check for blank screens and have it done automatically.

2) Lots of FC's if you have widgets running. Takes a long time for them to load up when you turn on or do a battery pull. Sometimes they stick until you open up the keyboard and go landscape.

3) When hitting the bottom to pull up a list of your applications it takes a LONG time. They come up and then have be put in alphabetical order.

4) Same as 3, many times when I pull up the list of apps it only list a few... typically the last few updated. If I turn the phone to landscape they all load up. (or open the keyboard).

1. Not a bug. What's 7 - 1? 6. It keeps the first 6. Implementing a check like that would be way too much work for the trouble it takes to move stuff over a page.

2. Idk about this one, never had any FCs with Home++. Works great for me.

3. Yeah, this happens. It's just because it hasn't run, so it has to enumerate all of the apps installed to make sure it didn't miss any. It shouldn't take too long unless you have like, a ton of apps installed.

4. Again, this has never happened to me, I can't really say anything about this.

Personally, I haven't really had any bugs with Home++, but maybe that's just me. It used to be my default home screen, but now that I'm on 2.1, I'm keeping the regular launcher [for now at least] because I like the way it looks.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It doesnt really use my battery much - it's always at the bottom of the usage list.

I'm OCD also and dont know what persistent mode is... now that you have me thinking about it I wont stop until I know :)

I really like the home ++ app but its not for me as of yet cuz im so ocd its not funny

like I noticed some lag issues and i noticed that it was using up my battery a lot at some point too. Once its fully ready with more updates, then i will get it, other than that i think its a really nice looking app.

iSecks

Reaction score
It doesnt really use my battery much - it's always at the bottom of the usage list.

I'm OCD also and dont know what persistent mode is... now that you have me thinking about it I wont stop until I know :)

Persistent mode is where it keeps Home++ running in the background. This will probably make your battery die faster, but it'll solve your "bug" number 3, by not making it have to re-enumerate the app list every time you reopen Home++.

Last edited:

silverx10

Reaction score
Meh, I can't complain about Home++. 's better than stock, and it has a slick approach to the UI, I think. Most likely gonna stick with Home++ until the 2.1 update.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
But Home ++ is always running in the background otherwise the normal home would be running.

I don't think persistent mode does what you think. I turned it on and then turned the phone off and on and it had to reload everything.

Persistent mode is where it keeps Home++ running in the background. This will probably make your battery die faster, but it'll solve your "bug" number 3, by not making it have to re-enumerate the app list every time you reopen Home++.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm in no way complaining... just trying to make it better.

I think I'll continue to use it even after 2.1 - it has some terrific features. If there are some better features in 2.1 I'm sure he will incorporate them.

Meh, I can't complain about Home++. 's better than stock, and it has a slick approach to the UI, I think. Most likely gonna stick with Home++ until the 2.1 update.

cookiemomster

Reaction score
I am very happy with home++. I think originally I had some force close issues and widget issues. I read somewhere to take all the widgets of the stock home screen before running home++ and that seemed to work really well. I think the developer is extremely responsive. Two updates ago (approximately) my app list quit populating. I read the developers website and found others had discussed it and in less than a day an update released that solved the problem. Thanks for reminding me I should go check what rating I left.

iSecks

Reaction score
But Home ++ is always running in the background otherwise the normal home would be running.

I don't think persistent mode does what you think. I turned it on and then turned the phone off and on and it had to reload everything.

No, it does exactly what I said. If you bothered to read the app's changelog when he introduced it he gave a description of it:

* Persistent mode. Enabling this in preferences will keep Home++ in memory so you can get back to it without reloading anything. On the other hand, it may reduce the overall system performance.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
"Get back to it" from WHAT? From another home application I assume. If you never EXIT Home ++ you don't need persistent mode.

No, it does exactly what I said. If you bothered to read the app's changelog when he introduced it he gave a description of it:

* Persistent mode. Enabling this in preferences will keep Home++ in memory so you can get back to it without reloading anything. On the other hand, it may reduce the overall system performance.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It always gets 5 stars from me.

This thread is for people who ARE happy with it. It's purpose is to bring any bugs to light so they can be fixed.

I am very happy with home++. I think originally I had some force close issues and widget issues. I read somewhere to take all the widgets of the stock home screen before running home++ and that seemed to work really well. I think the developer is extremely responsive. Two updates ago (approximately) my app list quit populating. I read the developers website and found others had discussed it and in less than a day an update released that solved the problem. Thanks for reminding me I should go check what rating I left.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

and you call this the "best home" why? gde has none of these problems :icon_eek:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

and you call this the "best home" why? gde has none of these problems :icon_eek:
You're kidding us right? I bought GDE and used it for no more than 48 hours because of the horrible lags and FC. You can't type that with a straight face I know.