Hide Folders from Gallery?

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Any way to hide certain folders from the gallery? I have a boatload of the preview folders from Miui themes and they all show up in Gallery and take up just too much viewing space.

Any suggestions? Thanks

sonnydroid

Reaction score
Preview folders eh? Mhmm.. lol jk. Just add a "." Before the folders name.
For example: the folder "photos" should be renamed to ".photos"

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

joncann

Reaction score
Any way to hide certain folders from the gallery? I have a boatload of the preview folders from Miui themes and they all show up in Gallery and take up just too much viewing space.

Any suggestions? Thanks

There's an app on the market that maquerades as an audio manager. Long and short it password protects and pictures or videos you don't want anyone to see.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score

Any suggestions? Thanks

There's an app on the market that maquerades as an audio manager. Long and short it password protects and pictures or videos you don't want anyone to see.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

They aren't anything I don't want anyone to see, it's just that they are little images that I don't want to see in Gallery when I look through pictures. There are so many of these theme folders for Miui themes that it takes forever for me to find a background or another image I am looking for.

ziltoid

Reaction score
Get Quickpic from the market

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

harrellj

Reaction score
There's probably a .nomedia file on your SD card already. Just copy it into the root of any folder you don't want visible in the Gallery. You can also make it as well, just create z blank file named .nomedia.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?