Hidden Folders

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Q: I would like to hide folders from the file explorers on android. I would like it to function similar to the way windows handles folders. I can go to properties and hide the folder, and it appears as if its not there, while still functioning correctly. I do this just so I have a clean file system, or rather clean looking. All I can find are posts about hiding images from the gallery, which is not what I'm asking. If I put a . before the file name, android does not see the folder, however the apps just make a new folder and use that one, thus making the . useless. I just want to be able to see certain folders of mine, so that I dont have to navigate throught the crap. Does anyone know a solution? An app that will do this? File Hide Expert or whatever its called doesn't do the job.

elephantbarbie

Reaction score
i have a droid pro and i am trying to retrieve a couple of text messages. i heard it wasnt possible unless they are in the trash folder. didnt know it had a trash folder. is this true? if so, how do i locate the trash folder?