Hi Welcome

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Well I typed a long intro, and it really sucks when your aircard loses connection (happens a lot here at this F#$%#ing naval base), so you lose everything you type without realizing it.

Anyways.

Merchant Marine Engineer, working onboard Navy Supply Ships. I upgraded my Motorola Droid from an HTC Mogul (or Verizon vx6800) about 6 months ago. I enjoyed that phone, it was a Minmo phone I had gotten the latest (at the time) upgrade to Winmo 6.1. It was slow to dial out but as it was a Pocket PC I could install any PDA app I could find.

Now that I have the Moto Droid 1 I've been using it and I love it. I rooted about a month ago using UniversalAndroot to see if I could wirelessly tether and I got that working (I also did it for my girlfriend's phone, the LG Ally), and have since gotten a few more Root apps, such as SetCPU, Titanium Backup, and Shootme. I've decided to go all the way to becoming a power user and install a custom ROM, which is what got me interested in actually creating an account here!

Here's a few screenshots using Shootme (much better color definition than Drocap, or at least on my phone, I tried Drocap and the colors came out wrong).

My Droid Homescreen
snap20100920_232009.png
(Center Picture Widget is my gf and I)

Screenshot playing Frontmission for SNES using SNESOID
1285274543035.png

Picture I took of the General Sherman Sequoia Tree (its in the center on the other side of small clearing) using my Moto Droid 1.
2010-05-20151457.jpg

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I have since upgraded my phone to the official FRG22D update, and I DID root my phone using the method posted here.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum and to the dark side (rooted). Glad you joined us. Keep those Navy guys straight. I was on a guided missile frigate in the 60's and when the civilians came on board they were given tons of respect. Hope that is still the case.

Mike

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I don't know, the usns supply ships are run completely by civilians now.

Tapatalk on original Moto Droid, UltimateDroid'd

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Obviously, things have changed since I served.