hi new to droid x

Fat Pete

Reaction score
Heloo all I am new to droid and am completely confused. Nice phone. I am selling two ipod touches, one is an 8g and the other is a 32g 4th gen pod (camera and wifi) with lots of stuff. Both are less than 90 days old. Anyway I want to become proficient in the use of this seemingly powerful multi media device...music is of utmost importance, communication would be the 2nd and vids and movies 3rd. I also have win7 64 bit computer .... I hope ya all can help me understand this gadjet

musicman

Reaction score
Since you have ipods I'm assuming you use itunes. I use isyncr to sync my phone to itunes and find it very effective and easy. Handcent is a good app for text messaging. When I get more time I will try to list some more. Enjoy.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
Im sure you can get plenty of help....but your gonna have to actually tell us what you need help with.

hogowner

Reaction score
Go to the Droid X forums and there is alot of very informative people and info! I am sure you will find everything that you are looking for :icon_ banana:

Good Luck and welcome!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum!! you will find a wealth of info here, and even more friendly people willing to help and share info. you correctly observe that you have a very powerful device, and as with all such devices it takes a lot of use time to fully understand its functions and capabilites - just keep at it!! and, don't hesitate to ask questions in here - that's what we're here for!

in addition to the Droid Discussions section (for all things Droid), there is also a separate section, with several subforums, devoted entirely to the DX (you can find it by clicking on the Forum tab above and then scrolling down). also, as someone pointed out, one of our sister sites is the DX forums. i can almost guarantee you'll be able to find the answer to just about any question.

so, browse around, post around, and join in the fun!!! :)

OP
F

Fat Pete

Reaction score
THX to yas

It is definately not a beginners device however it is fun learning it and it is very cool
Thx for your quick replies...

LARRY1968

Reaction score
Hi, i'm Larry, i'm new to this forum, and i just got a Droid X, can anyone tell me how to use the barcode scanning feature, i dont see that option anywhere in apps, is that a app i have to download, or is it a standard feature?
Thanks if anyone can help...

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum!!! hope you stick around and join in the fun!

there are specific apps in the mkt to dl. there is barcode scanner and scanlife. there may be others, but those are the ones that come to mind immediately.

Hi, i'm Larry, i'm new to this forum, and i just got a Droid X, can anyone tell me how to use the barcode scanning feature, i dont see that option anywhere in apps, is that a app i have to download, or is it a standard feature?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Yes you have to download one. There are tons on the market. Search barcode scanner.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
It is definately not a beginners device however it is fun learning it and it is very cool
Thx for your quick replies...

Hello and welcome to the forums!!

Everyone starts as a beginner :) it is just what do you do with it after you learn...jump in and enjoy and let us know what questions you have as we are happy to help when we can...

And since it has been mentioned, definitely check us out at droidxforums.com as well the sub-forums here...