Hi, I'm new to the site, and need some help!

shane0023

Reaction score
Hi guys, great site here! I have a problem with my RAZR connecting to the computer (and it's not the USB cable, lol). I've tried searching the forums here, but every similar problem ends with the person finally admitting that it was their usb cable. I've posted the specifics of the problem and my attempts at solutions on another thread that I made yesterday.

As for myself, I'm a 25 year old physicist, and I have a droid RAZR which I really liked until I accidentally did an OTA update while rooted, and now it has some serious problems. I really appreciate any help that people can offer. Thanks! :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the droid forums.. I'm sure we can help you get the device straightened out :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome Shane!

Have you had any luck on resolution yet?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF Shane!!

OP
S

shane0023

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! But unfortunately, I haven't been able to fix this problem yet. Something is wrong with the phone where the computer will not recognize it. Are there any apps I can use to remove superuser and completely remove what was done during rooting? I tried ginger unroot, but it did not work.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks for the warm welcome! But unfortunately, I haven't been able to fix this problem yet. Something is wrong with the phone where the computer will not recognize it. Are there any apps I can use to remove superuser and completely remove what was done during rooting? I tried ginger unroot, but it did not work.

Sorry to hear that. I took a look at your thread and unfortunately I am not fluent enough in the Razr to know exactly what to suggest.

One time with another Moto device, the Droid X to be exact, I uninstalled the drivers, rebooted the PC, then reinstalled drivers and then it connected. Its a long shot but you never know. Also, have you tried another PC?

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope you get this problem resolved. DancingNexus

OP
S

shane0023

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I took a look at your thread and unfortunately I am not fluent enough in the Razr to know exactly what to suggest.

One time with another Moto device, the Droid X to be exact, I uninstalled the drivers, rebooted the PC, then reinstalled drivers and then it connected. Its a long shot but you never know. Also, have you tried another PC?

Thanks JSM9872. I've tried different computers and they don't work with my phone. However, I did try a different RAZR phone on these computers, and it connected fine. So it's definitely something wrong with my phone specifically.