Hi I need help from the pros on this one?

jester33

Reaction score
I cannot send email with attachments (havent tried without attachments). on my yahoo account with the standard email app. Dont know what to do?? When I first set up the email account I followed the video on this forum to do it and I chose the imap option?? What is the difference between imap pop3 and the other one? Sorry if this is confusing, please help a newbie out

JamesX

Reaction score
I thought DROID does not allow upload? That could be why it is not working.

IMAP keeps the list of messages on server and sync it across different locations that access it.

Pop3 just keeps a list of messages and does not do any syncing.

IMAP is better if you access the same account across different computers/locations, but POP3 gives you sightly more control after it is downloaded (since there is no syncing, you can keep it anywhere you want, even if differently across different locations).

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I'm able to send photo attachments (that's all I've tried so far) vie my gmail account with the Gmail app. I don't have any other email accounts though, so I don't know about using the other email app.

OP
J

jester33

Reaction score
thank u I gave up on the stock app and am gonna try using the k9 email apparently. Is there a way to send attachments with that apparently?

toddegreene

Reaction score
Sending attachments with the stock email apps is counterintuitive. We've been trained on our computers to compose an email, select an attachment and send. On the Droid you select your attachment with your file manager (I use Astro), long press, choose how to send it (depending on the attachment, you'll get different send options), then send. I've sent documents (.doc, .pdf...), photos, music and video with no problems.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sending attachments with the stock email apps is counterintuitive. We've been trained on our computers to compose an email, select an attachment and send. On the Droid you select your attachment with your file manager (I use Astro), long press, choose how to send it (depending on the attachment, you'll get different send options), then send. I've sent documents (.doc, .pdf...), photos, music and video with no problems.

Agree with todd.....Better to send from the item you want to send, little weird but works every time.