Hi I am new to Droid and have a few questions

LrdAnkh

Reaction score
I have the Droid 2X are all the posts here that say Droid 2 applicable to me also or do I have to look elsewhere for Droid 2X.

It came with gingerbread installed, is there a safe way to rooting this phone.

Thanks in advance for your help I did search but was confused because i do not know if Droid 2 applies ot me or not.

OP
LrdAnkh

LrdAnkh

Reaction score
I guess I did not explain myself well or you cant read well, I am new, I am confused between droid 2 and Droid x2 i searched and could not find answers thats why i asked your answer offers no help why bother posting, thanks anyway. I Guess I will go to another forum.

OP
LrdAnkh

LrdAnkh

Reaction score
I know the phones are different I just want to know if what applies to one applies to the other as far as rooting is concerned.

Reaction score
I know the phones are different I just want to know if what applies to one applies to the other as far as rooting is concerned.

It would have probably helped if you had posted this in the correct sub forum. :) You post is a little difficult to follow. Are you asking about rooting a Droid 2 or a Droid X2? When it comes to rooting ANY phone the details are unique to that phone. Having said that there are methods that work on more then one phone but not all and not all get the exact same results. EX: There is currently what is called a 1-click method that will root the x2. However it also installs a faulty copy of busybox. So you have to download and reinstall busybox after you root it on a X2. It works correctly as I understand it on a Droid 2.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
edit

nlinecomputers said:
It would have probably helped if you had posted this in the correct sub forum. :)

Just noticed that, I'll move it so they can get more help.

Last edited: