Hi Everyone. New Droid Fangirl here

bbcrackman

Reaction score
Welcome to a whole new world!!! I am sure you will find this forum informative and helpful. It is full of great people!

droiddict

Reaction score
Another Geek Chick here happy to see more women showing up. We really need a "no boys allowed" thread. Most of them are polite, but there is a fair amount of male-centric stuff here. I for one would love to have that banana icon banned. Do they realize how nasty that is? Anyway... at least we have a forum with good information.

I found a nice case that I have on order and there are other cases on this site that look OK without adding a lot of bulk like the body glove case does:

Motorola Droid A855 "PDA" Cell Phone Red Flower on White Cover Protective Case Faceplate Cover

So, some chick questions-
Do you look for bigger pockets when you shop for jackets?
Ditto purses? The old phone pockets aren't big enough!
Slide out keyboard or virtual? I would gladly chuck the slider to save weight.

OP
Lady Droid

Lady Droid

Reaction score
Another Geek Chick here happy to see more women showing up. We really need a "no boys allowed" thread. Most of them are polite, but there is a fair amount of male-centric stuff here. I for one would love to have that banana icon banned. Do they realize how nasty that is? Anyway... at least we have a forum with good information.

I found a nice case that I have on order and there are other cases on this site that look OK without adding a lot of bulk like the body glove case does:

Motorola Droid A855 "PDA" Cell Phone Red Flower on White Cover Protective Case Faceplate Cover

So, some chick questions-
Do you look for bigger pockets when you shop for jackets?
Ditto purses? The old phone pockets aren't big enough!
Slide out keyboard or virtual? I would gladly chuck the slider to save weight.

Hi Droiddict. If you haven't already you should add your vote to the poll I mentioned in the off-topic forum, boost our numbers a lil more. :)

To reply to a couple of your questions, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my Droid just fits into the inner pocket designed for cell phones in my long winter coat. I thought it would be too big but sure enough it slid inside perfectly and almost as if the pocket was made for the Droid. So that made me happy :D

You're right about purses, though. I have a couple with cell phone holders on the outside and the rest have them inside, and none are quite big enough for the Droid. Usually my everyday purse(s) have more than one, though, that are larger so I'll sometimes put it in there.

Hey, Verizon, you might have an opportunity here: Droid-branded purses. :p lol

droiddict

Reaction score
Well, I still have the Body Glove case on mine which adds a lot of bulk (not to mention UGH). When I get the new case, I'm hoping it will be easier to pocket. I live in a cold climate so usually have a pair of gloves in there too.

Another question - did you name the Navigator voice? :) The device itself?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice to see a couple of ladies here! :welcome: to the forum ladies :)

OP
Lady Droid

Lady Droid

Reaction score
Well, I still have the Body Glove case on mine which adds a lot of bulk (not to mention UGH). When I get the new case, I'm hoping it will be easier to pocket. I live in a cold climate so usually have a pair of gloves in there too.

Another question - did you name the Navigator voice? :) The device itself?

I did name the Nav voice. "Samantha" lol I selected the British one since she sounds slightly less inhuman. I just call the device my Droid. I suppose I could call her Lady Droid after my nick here :D