Hi Everyone. New Droid Fangirl here

Lady Droid

Reaction score
Hiya to all the other Droidheads out there (dunno if that's a term but I'm making it one!). I'm a first time smartphone owner and got the Droid a couple days after it came out, and I love love looooove it! I'm still figuring out what all I can do with it and love browsing around and discovering cool new apps for it. One of my friends has an iPhone 3GS and it was funny seeing how jealous she got when I showed her a few things my Droid could do :D

I'd been visiting here to read up on tips and tricks and decided I may as well join so I could contribute and ask questions directly, and network better with all the other Android fans on here. I'll probably be bugging people with lots of questions lol

Want to know more about me, please ask. Hope you'll accept me into this lil community. Look forward to joining in on some discussions. :)

Stigy

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

Look around, do some searching and I am sure you will find any piece of information you are looking for. There is already a ton of great information here.

Enjoy your DROID!

ericwiz

Reaction score
Want to know more about me, please ask. Hope you'll accept me into this lil community. Look forward to joining in on some discussions. :)

What are you wearing right now? :icon_ banana:

Kidding kidding!

Welcome to the forums! It's a nice group of folks here. I'm sure you'll fit in just great.

OP
Lady Droid

Lady Droid

Reaction score

What are you wearing right now? :icon_ banana:

Kidding kidding!

Welcome to the forums! It's a nice group of folks here. I'm sure you'll fit in just great.

I set myself up for that one, didn't I? :p

Thanks for the welcomes, guys. I already have found a lot of great info on here and I know I'll discover much more in the days, weeks, months, years, and decades to come!

ericwiz

Reaction score
hehehe sorry. I couldn't resist!

I am a wise @$$ at heart

OP
Lady Droid

Lady Droid

Reaction score
hehehe sorry. I couldn't resist!

I am a wise @$$ at heart

No problem! A lil fun and joking never hurt anyone. :)

Except uptight people like the iPhone fans who cried when the iDon't commercials started airing. :laugh:

ch0sen0ne

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, I'm pretty new myself and still searching and reading and learning.

I've had it for just over a week and can barely put it down.

OP
Lady Droid

Lady Droid

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, I'm pretty new myself and still searching and reading and learning.

I've had it for just over a week and can barely put it down.

I know how you feel! I'm so careful with it, too, and won't even keep it inside one of my purse's pockets cuz I'm afraid my keys or compact or lipstick or something will bump or scrape against it lol I usually keep it in my coat pocket or hold it tight in my hand if I'm out and about.

Which reminds me that I really need to get a good case/cover for it, at least to protect the edges. I have the screen protector in place but have been having a hard time deciding on a case that isn't bulky but provides good protection.

Shel

Reaction score
Hey Lady Droid, welcome!

I have the advantage of having owned the G1 for almost a year, and the myTouch for several months, before jumping ship and going to Verizon and getting a Droid. LOVE IT!

Here are a few apps to, um, make your friend jelou, er, show your friend!

They probably already have Labyrinth, but it's a very cool game for you to download and check out!

Check out SnapTell! Allows you to take a photo of a book dvd, CD, game (WII, X-Box, Playstation, gameboy) and it goes online, compares your photo to a database and comes back and tells you the name, and where online you can purchaes it for the lowest price! It even tells you any bricks and mortar stores within a one mile radius of where you currently are!

TUNGS allows you to speak a sentence, and then translates it and speaks it out loud, in either Spanish, Italian, German or French! Your own personal translator!!!

These are all FREE, by the way!

Have fun!!!

OP
Lady Droid

Lady Droid

Reaction score
Hey Lady Droid, welcome!

I have the advantage of having owned the G1 for almost a year, and the myTouch for several months, before jumping ship and going to Verizon and getting a Droid. LOVE IT!

Here are a few apps to, um, make your friend jelou, er, show your friend!

They probably already have Labyrinth, but it's a very cool game for you to download and check out!

Check out SnapTell! Allows you to take a photo of a book dvd, CD, game (WII, X-Box, Playstation, gameboy) and it goes online, compares your photo to a database and comes back and tells you the name, and where online you can purchaes it for the lowest price! It even tells you any bricks and mortar stores within a one mile radius of where you currently are!

TUNGS allows you to speak a sentence, and then translates it and speaks it out loud, in either Spanish, Italian, German or French! Your own personal translator!!!

These are all FREE, by the way!

Have fun!!!

Thanks Shel, for the welcome and the app suggestions. I had already read reviews on SnapTell and planned to download it soon. Anything that helps with my shopping is a must-install on my list! :D I'm going to get that and ShopSavvy for starters.

miss chris

Reaction score
Welcome, nice to have other ladies who enjoy the Droid here! I am loving mine.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome to the forums Lady...good to have more women/girls in here.

The more the better : )

Enjoy these great forums. There's some very helpful and cool peeps here and we are all fanatical about the Droid.

OP
Lady Droid

Lady Droid

Reaction score

*high-fives Miss Chris* Thanks! Nice to know there are a couple other geek chicks on here like me, too :D

Enjoy these great forums. There's some very helpful and cool peeps here and we are all fanatical about the Droid.

Thanks cereal. Glad to be here with other Droid fanatics!

StupidGenius

Reaction score

*high-fives Miss Chris* Thanks! Nice to know there are a couple other geek chicks on here like me, too :D

That would be an interesting poll to take. i wonder what the women-to-men ratio is here.

Oh, and welcome ladies!!! I and I'm sure all of the other gentlemen here are glad to know this device has a diverse fanbase.

Last edited:
OP
Lady Droid

Lady Droid

Reaction score

That would be an interesting poll to take. i wonder what the women-to-men ratio is here.

Oh, and welcome ladies!!! I and I'm sure all of the other gentlemen here are glad to know this device has a diverse fanbase.

Thanks SG. And there already is a poll about the female-to-male ratio on here. Just check the off-topic forum ;)