Hi All

OldguyMark

Reaction score
Hey all –

I just bought my Droid this past Saturday.

I also just made the quantum leap from an old phone that couldn’t do much of anything other than make a call to this totally cool thing. Being 62 yrs old it’s probably going to be a pretty big learning curve, so I’ll probably have some really dumb questions for you all – LOL.

I’m fairly computer literate, but these smart phones are a whole new trip and I didn’t ‘grow up’ with them as most of you younger people have.

Anyway, just popping in to say Hi …. :)

Mark

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Mark, I'm almost 50 myself. I'm a big fan of the Droid, and think you'll be surprised at how easy they are to use. We'll be happy to help you out. Welcome to DF.

Reaction score
Welcome Chief! and about the learning curve I'm young and i still had to learn and get used to stuff =p. If you have any problems Id me more than happy to assist you, you can pm me and or you can post a thread. soo much larning! lmao enjoy your Droid!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Mark! Heck age is just a number, you'll do just fine! Just take your time, and if you get stuck on something, just let us know. Everyone here is great; you've come to the right place!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Thats awesome Mark that you decided to register here.

We do have many people 50+ here so you are not alone. This phone has attracted users of all ages and gender. It's quite the device.

Welcome aboard..

OP
O

OldguyMark

Reaction score
Thanks people!
I've been lurking here since Saturday night, when I brought the Droid home, then searched for a forum like this - great friendly place here, I like forums like this; hopefully someday I'll be able to help out some other 'old guy' :)

My only problem so far (besides the overly sensitive touch screen - LOL,) is trying to down load some of the app's - but I'm a pretty stubborn old cuss, I'll keep duking it out with the phone, before I start asking questions :)

I writing to you from my computer, but DF is already bookmarked in the Droid :)

Thanks again!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks people!
I've been lurking here since Saturday night, when I brought the Droid home, then searched for a forum like this - great friendly place here, I like forums like this; hopefully someday I'll be able to help out some other 'old guy' :)

My only problem so far (besides the overly sensitive touch screen - LOL,) is trying to down load some of the app's - but I'm a pretty stubborn old cuss, I'll keep duking it out with the phone, before I start asking questions :)

I writing to you from my computer, but DF is already bookmarked in the Droid :)

Thanks again!

Hey, Mark, don't feel bad about the touch screen - it takes a little getting used to. Where are you getting hung up downloading? You should just be able to open the market icon, search for what you want, then when you decide on something, just hit the Install tab at the bottom of the screen and the Droid does the rest. Once the app is downloaded, pull down the status bar at the top of the Droid and touch the new app in case it needs some set up. Your market account is tied to your gmail account. Hope that helps!

OP
O

OldguyMark

Reaction score
Thanks AnneDroid.

I think some thing was wrong with the Market last night(?)
I couldn't find the app I was looking for (Documents To Go,) even search wouldn't bring it, turned the Droid off and on a couple times and it was finally there, but every time I tried to purchase it, it would just lock up.

All's well, downloaded it this morning, and every thing went seamlessly :icon_ banana:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks AnneDroid.

I think some thing was wrong with the Market last night(?)
I couldn't find the app I was looking for (Documents To Go,) even search wouldn't bring it, turned the Droid off and on a couple times and it was finally there, but every time I tried to purchase it, it would just lock up.

All's well, downloaded it this morning, and every thing went seamlessly :icon_ banana:

Glad to hear it all worked out. The market has been a little weird for a lot of people the past couple of weeks. At least now you know it's not you and just a temporary glitch in the market if it happens again. Have fun with that new toy!