HeyTell

E

Emtronics

I recently found on Market HeyTell. It's a free app for both iPhone and Android. I installed it on my Incredible. It seems to be always running in the background and you can set it to show on the upper task bar. The only way to shut it down is to go into Menu/Settings/Running Apps/Stop.

I have been using it now for 2 weeks and it doesn't seem to drain the battery and I leave it running. For those of you that don't know what HeyTell is, it's a push to talk app that is free. You invite someone to your list and their name shows up if they have HeyTell installed on their phone. Then if you want to contact them, select their name from your Friends List, simply push and hold while talking and your voice is sent (a few seconds lag) to their phone like push to talk. Works across to the iPhone from an Android and back.

Was wondering if anyone has used this and what their opinions were of HeyTell.

jpd

Reaction score
I think it's a cool concept, but it was more of a novelty for me and got old fast. It's easier to just call someone and not deal with the lag not to mention the whole pressing the button, and getting use to saying over so others know you are done talking thing. Might be good for people on a worksite though.

OP
E

Emtronics

Yes a cool concept but like tits on a Bull. Not needed. Still, I sent a voice message to my son on the spur of the moment; "Your mother's a whore Trebek!" and he happened to have the phone on the counter while paying for his lunch at Steak N Shake. The whole line heard it.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Yes a cool concept but like tits on a Bull. Not needed. Still, I sent a voice message to my son on the spur of the moment; "Your mother's a whore Trebek!" and he happened to have the phone on the counter while paying for his lunch at Steak N Shake. The whole line heard it.

+1 That's a great story. Not to mention an ever greater quote.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

SierraRR

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting it. Trying to talk the wife in to downloading it also to try it out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mike221

Reaction score
I enjoy the push to talk apps, problem is theres.quite a few.so you need to make sure your friends have the same ones. But to solve the running app issue.. i downloaded advanced task killer and i always have that running. It shuts down all the apps i dont want.running with a simple click. If an app wont shut down while its selected, you click the app in the list and it will show the "force stop" button, eliminating the whole process of going into the manage apps thing.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

cduphily

Reaction score

+1 That's a great story. Not to mention an ever greater quote.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

+1 x2

classic!

CursedArmand

Reaction score
I enjoy the push to talk apps, problem is theres.quite a few.so you need to make sure your friends have the same ones. But to solve the running app issue.. i downloaded advanced task killer and i always have that running. It shuts down all the apps i dont want.running with a simple click. If an app wont shut down while its selected, you click the app in the list and it will show the "force stop" button, eliminating the whole process of going into the manage apps thing.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Using ATK may not be the best idea. It also runs in the background draining battery life. The best way I find is to just long-press the home button for apps that you don't want running AND use updating, open it and just back out of it with the back button. Even if you Task Kill it, it will start up again guaranteed making ATK completely useless.