Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Moved..........

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Way to lay on the pressure bnb:)

What was done to get into this state? What rom were you on and where are you headed to? (applying theme, a different rom, same rom, etc)

Can you boot the phone at all or is recovery just not working?

If on RM can you flash SPRecovery then flash back to Clockwork, then repeat that 3 times. Then can you hold down the X key while rebooting and get into recovery?

OP
jjenrette76

jjenrette76

Reaction score
JRummy kangerade blueberry theme with p3Droid kernel, all I did was install the other themes by jrummy on the SD card with a few kernels and I deleted the ones I didn't use. Every time I try install from SD card using RM it just reboot back to the same Rom

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No matter which rom you try? Even your previous backups too?

And did you try using RM to flash the alternative recovery app (sprecovery) then flash Clockwork, then repeat 3 times?

OP
jjenrette76

jjenrette76

Reaction score
Im about to try that now but it happens everytime, I can't manually get into recovery either, I figured that would override everything, could I have deleted by mistake?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you can install sprecovery img and boot in to that recovery. That will get you into recovery. From there you can install a rom of your choice, and then if you choose, reinstall rom manager

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Koush has stated that flashing alternate recovery then flashing back will fix the recovery issue. But if that does not work here is the soulution I was talking about:

install a terminal emulator (I prefer j android hacker but its up to you) and the install sprecovery 99.3b. Use the terminal emulator to flash sprecovery image

Push sprecovery using terminal emulator,

here is the file: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

place sprecovery file on the root of your sdcard DO NOT RENAME

here are the directions:
19. Open Terminal Emulator and type DO NOT TYPE THE QUOTATION MARKS!
"su" press enter and allow
"flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.3b.img"
"reboot recovery"

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I dont think it would be easy to delete the recovery app by mistake.

If you can't install any roms and can't install either SPRecovery or Clockwork you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Rom Manager. That way if you had managed to delete some of it you will have it all back.

If that doesn't work then it sounds like you can use RSD Lite to then install SPRecovery to then flash a rooted rom. From there you can reinstall RM again and continue where you left off.

OP
jjenrette76

jjenrette76

Reaction score
Thanks bro, I flashed in rm and it worked. Running the Droid X theme and I'm digging it. You guys are the best and thank you so much

jesdroid

Reaction score
I have an error on my recovery screen - E:can't open/cache/recovery/command I would like to backup my files but appears I'm unable to do so - any suggestions?? I don't want to proceed any further with ROM's etc until I understand where I'm at with this. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.