help............

heynow88

Reaction score
I was trying to install a cust rom and instead hit simple nandroid restore. Is there a way I can stop it???

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would let the restore complete. Hopefully, you made a backup so restore it and you will be ready to go.

OP
H

heynow88

Reaction score
I would let the restore complete. Hopefully, you made a backup so restore it and you will be ready to go.

its has been like 20 minutes and its just saying "Attempting Nandroid default backup"

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets make an assessment

did you make a backup before trying to install the new rom?

are you using SPR?

OP
H

heynow88

Reaction score
Lets make an assessment

did you make a backup before trying to install the new rom?

are you using SPR?

I have a copy on my computer and I have a advanced nandroid backup on the phone itself. yes, using sprecovery.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've not used the simple nandroid restore. I'm wondering if it is waiting for you to make another selection. My sense is that as long as you have a backup you can restore so press the power button. I'm thinking that will take you back a screen and you can select the correct option.

OP
H

heynow88

Reaction score
When I do the restore which items get the "*"??

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Were you able to get back to the backup/restore selection? If so, my sense is the nandroid backup did not activate.

If you want to be safe restore the backup you made prior to starting. Highlight the backup/restore line press camera button. The highlight restore, press camera, select the backup you just made and press camera.

If not, then keep going with the install of the new rom.

OP
H

heynow88

Reaction score
Were you able to get back to the backup/restore selection? If so, my sense is the nandroid backup did not activate.

If you want to be safe restore the backup you made prior to starting. Highlight the backup/restore line press camera button. The highlight restore, press camera, select the backup you just made and press camera.

If not, then keep going with the install of the new rom.

I'm going back to my rooted backup, just not sure which items get the " * " next to it. just trying to play it safe.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use the advanced nandroid so I'm not positive. My sense is that you should check the same that you checked when you made the backup.

OP
H

heynow88

Reaction score
I use the advanced nandroid so I'm not positive. My sense is that you should check the same that you checked when you made the backup.

that is what i use, the advanced. I checked them all and its is rebooting, thanks for your help.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked. I've not checked any of those selections. Typically, I just let the system do its thing.

Mike