Help!

GreenSnow

Reaction score
just flashed over to MAV. everything went like butter, got everything going, went to restore my apps, using Titanium. got through the whole process just fine, and after titanium finished the screen went black, keep in mind i was restoring GO launcher, so i figured at this point it would ask me which launcher I want to use. but i didnt and know i have a black home, notification bar/pull down menu works PERFECT, tired to boot manually (power + X + vol.up) and it came up with that droid guy with the "!" symbol, with no boot menu/options...I NEED HELP!!!!!

Phibernaut

Reaction score
I had a similar issue when I started tinkering. If you can still reach your black home screen, try using the magnifying glass soft button. Holding it should bring up voice command and "Go To Market" will bring you to the Android Market and permit the re-downloading of your preferred launcher.

There are other options to try if this does not correct the issue, but I'm not familiar enough to advise on system resetting and/or pushing files over USB. Somewhere there was a detailed D3 write up on using RSD (RSD Lite?) to accomplish this if needed.

Good luck. A botched flash can be scary - wait for help from the forums rather than trying things which could potentially make the situation worse. We've all been there. Hopefully all you need is the voice command trick and a fresh Safestrap install.

Sent from my Droid3 using DroidForums

OP
G

GreenSnow

Reaction score
I couldnt do anything in regards to the screen, even if the voice command would have recognized and accomplished said command i wouldnt have known due to a completely black screen. I went over to steel droid's page and got RSD lite and did that but it put me in a bootloop, dont know if i made it worse or better?.....

still searching for solution.

Phibernaut

Reaction score
There's another method (ABP?) used from the command prompt while boot looping. Again, not something I'm too familiar with, but something to look for.

I believe pressing both the up and down volume buttons at the same time accesses the boot menu at the Android "!" screen you mentioned earlier. That's where you'll find the factory reset option if all else fails. It can make things worse, but has saved me on more than one occasion as a last resort to gain access.

Sent from my Droid3 using DroidForums

OP
G

GreenSnow

Reaction score
you can also go to market.google.com EDIT: its now https://play.google.com/store?hl=en and just sign in and choose any old launcher, and it will install to your phone then let u pick one.

OMG! I totally forgot that I could have just done that! Although my prediction would have been that wouldnt have worked, because with the lack of a screen i wouldnt have known if it was showing me to pick an alternate launcher, I'm going to say that wouldn't have worked for my own sanity, lol, its nice to know that I have a clean system now though :)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

rvcjew

Reaction score
Oh lol if u didn't even have a screen after holding search then it was more messed up than launcher

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Did you uninstall a the default launcher somehow? It sounds like during your restore you may have restored system files too...that's a bigggggg NO NO.

No matter what you can always just sbf or fastboot. Its a full proof safety net and you will be fine. If you do not know how to do this, find out right now, and shame on you for flashing without knowing lol

OP
G

GreenSnow

Reaction score
well like i said everything was peachy untill i did a restore via titanuim, i clicked "restore missing user apps and data" like i always do, never had an issue before, and it even copleted just fine, and when titanium closed nothing came up after.

yea like i linked priviously i did a fastboot recovery no problem, just took me 3 hrs to find the right method, Chevy's over on the steel droid section gave me a bootloop and then every other thread and dead links to files.

but we are all good now, this time going the safestrap route, looks a ton more promsing, and more devs are going that way as well.