help

garbageman

Reaction score
I am currently running cm7 for froyo and am wanting to sbf so I can get the ota gb. Can anyone help me out with this? Like give me links or downloads.

Thanks

lizard

Reaction score
Americanz posted a link in Droid 2 hacks. Tbh.sbf is the title of the thread. You sbf by flashing a .zip just like a rom from cwm. I used it to sbf from squidly's froyo rom so I could get gb update, no problem. You get choice of odexed or deodexed. Hope this helps.

havens1515

Reaction score
There are links in my signature for sbf info.

OTA update can be found here:
Blur_Version.2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.US.zip
I know it has a weird name, but trust me, it's the right file.

Download the file, rename it to update.zip and leave it in the root of your SD card.
Then SBF, do a full reboot (just in case), once it's up and running turn it off, turn it back on holding the x key, then press the search button when the android with the ! appears to get into stock recovery. From there select "install update.zip" and when you reboot you should be on OTA GB.

Instructions to root the OTA are in my signature.

Last edited:
OP
garbageman

garbageman

Reaction score
Americanz posted a link in Droid 2 hacks. Tbh.sbf is the title of the thread. You sbf by flashing a .zip just like a rom from cwm. I used it to sbf from squidly's froyo rom so I could get gb update, no problem. You get choice of odexed or deodexed. Hope this helps.

Can you give me a link?

Also anyone able to help me with RSD lite 5.5 I have never used it?

havens1515

Reaction score
RSD isn't hard. Pretty much plug the phone into the computer, open the program, press the "..." button to find the sbf file, then hit start. Then sit back and watch your phone be restored to complete factory default.

It's about as simple as it gets.

OP
garbageman

garbageman

Reaction score
I just did a SBF and it was successful I believe because it booted back up with no loop, but one issue I got no service and I do not have an available update to get to gb. Any ideas on what I need to do would be great to get this done soon. I have done a factory reset

havens1515

Reaction score
See my first post in this thread for how to install the OTA. (skip the part that says sbf... that's already done)

OP
garbageman

garbageman

Reaction score
got it working now it is time to get this thing rooted and get back to cm7