Help! Wrong location -> time, weather, etc

SeeEss

Reaction score
Well.. as soon as I left work it fixed itself..
You must be in a weird Bermuda Triangle type area. Or maybe an incredibly strong pull (no pun intended). I would be interested to know if, when you went to work the next day, the same thing happens... dancedroid

tigerdango

Reaction score
Yeah kind of weird. Mine had the wrong location once and I went to weather and sync'd and it went back to my proper city.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
I live out in the sticks of Iowa and it plain just doesn't know my town. Usually it says one of 2 towns over a hundred miles away, even when my gps is on and maps shows exactly where i am, smack in the middle of town. Or sometimes it'll just say current location, lol, apparently we're not big enough to bother to list the name. ah well.

In a little po dunk town like this i can deal with it, but when i was living in KC it would have driven me nuts.

FF5 Fan

Reaction score
I have an incredible and had the same problem with the stock clock/weather widget. It would randomly switch from a town 2 miles from my home (which was acceptable) to a town 6 miles from here, then back again after a few hours. I switched to using a clock widget from the market, and putting the weatherchannel.com app right underneath the clock. It gets my location spot-on every time.

Sent from my HTC Incredible

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
That's strange. I downloaded the weather channel app and it knows exactly where I am, but the stock weather app that came on the phone is never right... hmm..

Sent from my ADR6300

riko540

Reaction score
G

Grimster

Is it worth getting the Inc? Well if you want a 3.7" or 4" screened sized phone you have no choice. The Samsung Fascinate is a failure due to the crippled Touch Wiz interface, the refusal of Samsung to provide updated OS versions, and all third party ROMs are unstable and have all kinds of issues.