Help with Tap & Vibrate

mrsdroid5

Reaction score
Hey there ya'll...
I am a new X owner as of just yesterday. Coming from the incredible to the X I am noticing that when I tap to dial a phone number as I tap the #'s it will vibrate as well, However when I text there is no vibrate on when I am tapping letters. The incredible did that, I liked it and want to know if the X can as well...Thanks so much in advance, I hope I explained myself ok..;-)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The haptic feedback that your feel when dialing numbers is a different setting that a notification vibration.

Barryvabeach

Reaction score
Go to settings, Language and keyboard, Multi touch keyboard settings, and check the box next to vibrate on keypress. This is if you are using the standard multi touch keyboard. If you are using a different keyboard ( such as Swype) there should be an entry for swype settings, and under that option - you can check a similar box.

Barryvabeach

Reaction score
Glad to help. To point you in another direction, you might want to try swype. Go to a text entry and long press in any blank area and you will get a box that is Titled Edit text. At the bottom you should see Input method - select that and you can change from the standard keyboard to Swype. It has an online, and in phone tutorial that will take no more than 5 minutes. If you haven't used it, the way it works is you drag your finger over a keyboard, and a psychic sitting in a remote location types out what they think you are thinking of and it appears on your screen. Well, that may not me technically how it works, but it works very well and is scary good. B.