Help with Smart Action

Reaction score
Well I have been messing around with the Smart Action feature and having trouble with the home setting. I clicked on it added my location and I want to turn off cell data which is no problem but want to add wifi. The wifi button though is not highlighted. It appears as light gray so I cant add it. How do I go about adding this. I have wifi at home and I hear you get better battery life with wifi and not cell data. Can someone help me through this. Thank You

William_04_x

Reaction score
Try leaving data on, leave the location trigger, and turn on wifi action. That should keep the data going through your home wifi connection as long as you're in range.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Last edited:
OP
B
Reaction score
Try leaving data on, leave the location trigger, and turn on wifi action. That should keep the data going through your home wifi connection as long as you're in range.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

I tried that. I got the ICS update last night and it works now. So must have been something with my phone on gingerbread.

mordo

Reaction score
I have problems with Smart Actions before and after the ICS update. I simply want to have the display stay on when the phone is plugged in to the USB car charger. I have tried the suggested "Car" Smart Action, I have tried to create a custom SA that also uses "connected to bluetooth" as a trigger. No luck. I have tried Tasker with no positive result either. My previous phone was a rooted HTC Incredible with CM7. I never had a problem with Tasker actions.

Can anyone confirm that they've successfully gotten Smart Actions to work for this action?

cheers,
mordo