Help with sd card

JOx

Reaction score
Do my sd card is unpredictably full, I went and cleared a bunch of crap and only got two gbs free. What can/should I get rid of? Is there an option to remove junk? Any help is appreciated :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its easier to manage your sd card when mounted to your pc via usb. You can a) use your pc to go through each file and erase unneeded info b) move everything to pc, format card, then move back only essential folders to start clean.

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
I second the notion that it is much easier to manage your SDcard when your phone is plugged in to your computer in USB mass storage mode.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bill hansen

Reaction score
SD card suddenly unrecognized

How can I exit Mass Storage mode for the Droid's SD card - and what might have gone wrong in the first place, to prevent transfer of files from computer to SD from iTunes on my computer?

Last night while attempting to transfer some audio files (NPR downloads) to the SD card, the files could not be copied. This was a new problem - previously files could be dragged and dropped without difficulty.

I stumbled across something in the DroidX which gave me choices to "download". After choosing that option, files could be dragged and dropped as usual - and they were recognized on the Droid's SD card, while the Droid was connected to the computer.

However, that caused a serious problem. Now with my Droid disconnected from the computer, I can't access the SD card at all.File Manager and Astro File Manager both show SD card as "empty". I also can't find my way back to that choice to "download" with the SD card.

OS is Win7 Ultimate 64 with all updates. Droid is v. 2.3.3, recently updated. Scans with Norton Internet Security and Malwarebytes show no malware.