Help with Rooting my Rezound, erroring on final step

alpinewil81

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been trying to root my rezound. I can get through to the last step and I get this error: FAILED <remote: signature verify fail>.

I mean I follow the HTCdev instructions to the T. This happens at the very last step where you flash the fastload lock token.

Has this happened to anyone and how can I work around it????

I've tried the steps serveral times, same error. I've tried to reboot the bootloader and so on on, same thing. Something is stopping my Rezound from being identified... it is brand new as well.

Thanks to any suggestions!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been trying to root my rezound. I can get through to the last step and I get this error: FAILED <remote: signature verify fail>.

I mean I follow the HTCdev instructions to the T. This happens at the very last step where you flash the fastload lock token.

Has this happened to anyone and how can I work around it????

I've tried the steps serveral times, same error. I've tried to reboot the bootloader and so on on, same thing. Something is stopping my Rezound from being identified... it is brand new as well.

Thanks to any suggestions!

Have you activated the phone yet? I don't know that it's a necessary step but I think it needs to be activated before you can unlock it. I could be wrong.

OP
A

alpinewil81

Reaction score
Have you activated the phone yet? I don't know that it's a necessary step but I think it needs to be activated before you can unlock it. I could be wrong.

Yup... she's actually been alive for 2 days now. She even has about 8 hours of talk time... I did a lot of driving on Sunday after I bought it.

OP
A

alpinewil81

Reaction score
CASE CLOSED BOY!!! I walked through everything this evening, including resubmitting for a token and this time it worked. Not sure what was different but I'm guessing somewhere the token file may have gotten corrupted or something...

Thanks though all for looking!

Tha187um

Reaction score
Im thinking maybe you copied the string wrong when you submitted it for the unlock bin :) glad you are up and running.