Help with NFL App from Verizon

ascreen06

Reaction score
Hi All:

Okay a new NFL app came out and I downloaded it while not uninstalling the old one. Worked fine. Then I uninstalled what I thought was the old app but turns out was the new app. Fine. I then uninstall the old app. leaving no NFL apps on my droid. I then go to the market to install the new version of the NFL app again and I can't. The downloading bar indicator is visible and the only option is to "cancel download" which when I do (because it's not downloading) the market app force closes.

What's wrong and or how do I go about getting the new NFL app again?

Thanks guys.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I see VZW put out an update...but I see no new app.

OP
ascreen06

ascreen06

Reaction score
New app or new update im not sure but id like to have it on my phone. Please help.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Should be listed under the Verizon tab in the market app

OP
ascreen06

ascreen06

Reaction score
Yes it is but for some reason after what ive been through (see above) it wont let me reinstall the updated app. My only option is "cancel download" only its not downloading but has frozen. Ive always been able to reinstall previously deleted apps before. thx.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes it is but for some reason after what ive been through (see above) it wont let me reinstall the updated app. My only option is "cancel download" only its not downloading but has frozen. Ive always been able to reinstall previously deleted apps before. thx.

Try going to your settings/applications/show all/Market and clear the cache. Hope that helps.

OP
ascreen06

ascreen06

Reaction score
Ththx Hook, did that...no success. Good one i thought though. BTW what kind of data is lost hiting the clear data button inside app setting for the market?

OP
ascreen06

ascreen06

Reaction score
Also im able to install all other verizon apps. Would someone try to download the nfl app to see if its just me. No need to actually download but are u given the option to install? Thx

ccourtney03

Reaction score
I have the NFL app installed on a D2 and a Blackberry. When I opened the app on both it forced me to update the app on both platforms. Do you have Titanium backup or Astro? If you have your apps backed up somewhere you may wanna try restoring from there.

cj1896

Reaction score
Clear the data. I have had this problem occasionally and if you clear the data it resets the market links for your installed apps. This works for me if I have problems updating an app.

OP
ascreen06

ascreen06

Reaction score
Clear Data in market app settings did it. I was scared to hit that button earlier Hook not knowing what it clears. Thanks CJ and all, off to get my nfl fix. Go Bills!!!!!

blanche

Reaction score
Good one i thought though. it wont let me reinstall the updated app. My only option is "cancel download" only its not downloading but has frozen.

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
fyi the videos in the app now come with a 10 dollar monthly fee for vcast