Removing an app from downloads section of market

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Got a free app, which had a newer version released on the market.
Installed the new one, now had both (I figured they installed to different locations).

Removed old one thru applications, however not pulled from the downloads section of the market, and that apparently now has open and uninstall greyed out.

Any suggestions?

App is taf and metars 1.5

I'm torqued....

msblueline

Reaction score
Try and install the app again and see if it will give you and uninstall option again. It might not if it shows "installed" in the downloaded section.

How many apps do you have? I know it might be a pain, but you could do a wipe (sorry for the BlackBerry pun), I guess it would be a return to factory settings. Don't know if that will erase all 3rd party apps though.

Just grasping straws here. I am new to the DROID myself. I knew pretty much "almost" everything about BlackBerry :blackberry: , but am "mostly" lost with the DROID :motdroidvert:. I am still learning myself too...

Hope you get it figured out. :icon_ banana:

msblueline

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
ugh I hate this bug. it seems when you try to uninstall apps thigh the applications manager this is what happens. I had this happen to me and unfortunately I font think theres a fix for it. luckily for me the update cleaned it up for me. would be great if someone knew, I already tried asking but unfortunately never got an answer.

I just remembered I had a theory that I never got to try out. I think if you are able to get ahold of the .apk somewhere you might be able to manually install it and remove it using the market app, worth a try its better than restoring your device. goodluck

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I just remembered I had a theory that I never got to try out. I think if you are able to get ahold of the .apk somewhere you might be able to manually install it and remove it using the market app, worth a try its better than restoring your device. goodluck

Astro File Manager is able to do that...

frankieg22x

Reaction score
this happened to me last night. I uninstalled Home++ and then tried to reinstall it again thinking it would clean up any bugs and start fresh. I went to reinstall the app and it said it was already installed in the market and both options were also grayed out. I ended up resetting my phone.

Some people said that it will go away over time.

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking either I'll email the developer and have then send me the apk, it was a free app, or a possible wipe.

Or I'll wait for 2.1.

Will keep all updated.

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
An update: got the APK's from the developer.

Installed with Astro, and uninstalled thru the market.

It stayed in my downloads section saying free for about an hour or so, then dropped off the list.

I'm gold! :)

So for those with the same type issues with free apps, I would say instead of trying a hard reset and hoping the vendor cache refreshes, to just email your dev's, doon't see why you can't get an APK, free app, small sizes for the most part. Then do what I did.

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree, I had emailed the dev as I made the op.... :)

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Worked for me as well, I had an app "stuck" in the marketplace downloads. I was able to find an apk file to re install, then uninstall. It was still listed in the downloads section until I cleared the marketplace cache, but finally all is well. I REALLY didn't want to do a factory reset, and am glad it worked. I'll be uninstalling direct from the market from now on.