Help with my rooted Rezound that now it keeps on looping and drains the battery

matovello

Reaction score
Hello all;
I don't know what to do. I wonder if any of you can really help me. I hope i did not brick my phone. I had a rooted phone with cleanrom ICSE 3.6 it all worked perfect until yesterday. The phone goes into an infinite loop, it shuts it self off and then it turns on. What can I do. How would i go about starting again from the beginning. after rooting the phone. what do i do next do i have to flash the boot.img again i wonder if I do everything over will it fix the problem. Please help, I'm really new at this so please consider writing in idiot proof language hehehe.

Try booting it without the back cover or cover and sim card. Then check that it is in cdma or lte. If not that is your problem. Change the setting and then try it. Chris

i tried without the back cover i tried the removing of the sim, I'm getting frustrated. it keeps on looping i occasionallly able to call and it works. it is weird don't know what to do.

Boot into hboot and use ADB to issue the command "fastboot oem lock", then reboot into hboot and make sure is says "Re-locked"... then go through the instructions on the above link you posted that will take you back to Verizon official stock, or use this one: [Exclusive Download] Full RUU Build 4.03.605.2 For The HTC Rezound which is the current global mode leak.

Note that if you are S-OFF, meaning you did the "wire trick", you don't need to relock.

I'm curious to know what would make my phone work again. i tried so many things. do you think starting again from scratch will help

phone boots up and everything seems to work for 1 min and then it shuts it self off

finally got my phone to say relocked and when i try to update the new ruu it says main verison is older update fail what does it mean

It most likely means you were running a ROM that was based on the 4.3.605.2 leaked firmware, without going S-OFF the only thing you can do is is flash the 4.3.605.2 Global Mode RUU leak I linked above, the 3.14 version won't work.

I am not saying this will fix your problem, but installing it should put you at a "known state" of a good software load, so then you can determine if the issue is hardware is software.

i ran the command fastboot oem lock and now i get relocked, but when i try to boot the phone with the 4.3.605.2 firmware it doesn't do anything it keeps on saying no image or wrong image and to press power to continue but when i press power it takes me to bootloader. all i can do now is get to bootloader, but nothing else. what should i do next

Verify the file is on the root of the SD card and it is named exactly "PH98IMG.zip", case-sensitive, and beware the Windows "double zip" issue because it sometimes hides extensions and if you add a .zip to the file the phone will see it as .zip.zip and fail. I know it works, done it several times. You are really close, don't worry, it will get there...

ok so now it started the update, but somehow the phone shut off in the middle of the update. now it says tampered and relocked right below it what does it mean

my rezound went to rezound heaven. but i just got a new one recertified from verizon. what can i do to it so i can teather and can i install ics or what is the best rom in your opinion

Back