Help with media volume

codyweis

Reaction score
Hey I have a stock galaxy 3 and it seems like this happens at least since a day I'll go to play music but no sounds come out. I turn up the media but still nothing. Once this happened and it was because my phone was in silent. But still is there a way to play my music without having to listen to all the touch tones through my headphones. But now it's not in silent mode and still no music volume. Here's a picture to show you what it looks like. Almost like it's in mute

View attachment 54384

OP
C

codyweis

Reaction score
So are any sounds coming out? Ringer? Are you sure that you have the sound on? (notification bar widget.)

Yes everything else works just not media volume. Also does the sound have to be on to here media? It get annoying listening to all your clicks while your listening to your music and playing on yourr phone

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
When you press the volume keys on the side of the phone the volume screen pops up. On that volume screen there is a setting cog to the right. Press it and check to see that all of your volumes are turned up. You should see three different volume bars.

Jd32tc

Reaction score
Go to the main menu settings and under sound make sure "System" volume is not at 0. Just happened to me as well

OP
C

codyweis

Reaction score
Go to the main menu settings and under sound make sure "System" volume is not at 0. Just happened to me as well

Here's another picture guys. See how everything's turned up but there's a line through media volume?

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Here's another picture guys. See how everything's turned up but there's a line through media volume?
That definitely seems to be the problem. Just looked at mine, and there is no slash through the media volume icon. I'll keep playing with it to see if I can make that happen, but so far, i haven't found anything. I can actually get slashes through every other icon, except that one. I assume you have tried restarting your phone.

OP
C

codyweis

Reaction score
That definitely seems to be the problem. Just looked at mine, and there is no slash through the media volume icon. I'll keep playing with it to see if I can make that happen, but so far, i haven't found anything. I can actually get slashes through every other icon, except that one. I assume you have tried restarting your phone.

Yes I have. And I've gotten it to go back but it always seems to go back to that. Its really annoying to have to keep restarting.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yes I have. And I've gotten it to go back but it always seems to go back to that. Its really annoying to have to keep restarting.

It's definitely not normal. Like Rageboardr, I haven't been able to do anything to get the media volume to get crossed out. My first guess would be that it's an app that causing it.

maybish

Reaction score
What about when you pull the notifications down? Tap the sound toggle see if that changes anything.

*** Mays galaxy ****

dkharvey

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. I have to restart the phone to get it to correct. It is really annoying. If you find a fix please let me know.

amandat

Reaction score
I also have the same problem. I called Samsung themselves to see if they could help me fix the issue. They guy told me that it sounds like a software problem. I called my phone company since I have only had my phone less then a week. They replaced it with another brand new phone. Guess what?! It happened again!!! So if anyone has there issues fixed please post so I too can have my issues fixed...thanks for any help someone can give!!

direwolf

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my s3. Going to task manager and selecting "Remove all applications" got my volume to work again.

galaxyuser

Reaction score
Hey I have a stock galaxy 3 and it seems like this happens at least since a day I'll go to play music but no sounds come out. I turn up the media but still nothing. Once this happened and it was because my phone was in silent. But still is there a way to play my music without having to listen to all the touch tones through my headphones. But now it's not in silent mode and still no music volume. Here's a picture to show you what it looks like. Almost like it's in mute

View attachment 54384

Hi, I don't know if it has any significance, but I discovered the same issue this morning (hence me being on this forum trying to fix it!), and I wondered whether it had anything to do with a new app that I'd installed - Angry Birds. So, I removed the app, went back into my Settings/Sound/Volume and the Media volume was no longer muted. Coincidence? You may want to check that a new app with its own settings may be causing the issue. cheers