Help with ics rom please

earlybill1

Reaction score
I'm on miui 2012.4.5 with gb kernel and I'm wanting to flash the new liquid_shadow_ics.v1.5 so do I need to sbf my Droid back to stock gb or can I just flash over miui? I believe ur not to use any of the bootstraps when on miui cause it could either brick or bootloop ur phone rite. I've read up on how to flash but still not sure bout it. It also say something bout checking md5sum I've never had to check that plus when I've flashed other roms it never finds md5sum it say not found so it skips it I guess hope someone can help thanks I've already downloaded rom just waiting to hear if I can flash over miui n how to do it rite

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

newmanx4

Reaction score
From MIUI just press and hold the power button til the Power Menu appears. Choose Reboot>Recovery. Once it boots to Clockwork do a data wipe and cache wipe then install Liquid and Gapps and reboot.

Sent from my Black Iced X

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
OK so it'll flash over miui but how do I flash gapps do I download it and where do I get it from or is it already downloaded when I did first download of the rom so flash rom 1st then gapps b4 I reboot

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
OK just checked the link where I downloaded liquid from and it say no need to flash gapps cause its included in download is this rite thanks for ur help

Savagerun

Reaction score
Yes you don't need to flash gapps on that rom.

newmanx4

Reaction score
Yep. My bad. Gapps is included with Liquid.

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
Yep. My bad. Gapps is included with Liquid.

Hey man thanks for ur help I'm FNMA try n flash as u said but how did u get black iced X what is it or what rom and how would I do it

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
Last question I hope so when I flash over miui to liquid do I also do a factory reset

Savagerun

Reaction score
Yes you always wipe data/factory reset going from one rom to another.

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
Si can one of y'all tell me what this rom looks like or some links for pics I still have not flashed yet got flashing rust its been awhile maybe tonight after work

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
Also I wanna know how to keep my Google saved links u know what I mean I've never been able to get my saved searches back why n how lol

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
Sorry to keep adding all this to my post but if I install liquid smooth to a slot in boot mgr cause miui is my phone rom will boot mgr do all the work as in whipping and installing the rom or do I need to just do all by myself like its a new or my first rom

newmanx4

Reaction score
Maybe someone that uses BM will answer that. I've tried it and found it to be more trouble than it was worth.