Help with gmail

Moose381

Reaction score
I've had problems with my gmail syncing ever since I got the phone...just learned to live with it as it was. So I decided the other day to try to get it to sync by deleting the accounts and then adding them back. One account added back fine, but the other would not. I try to add it and it says "account already added"...but I cannot find it, nor does it download mail. Any suggestions? I know my phone came with the gmail app already on it...can I delete the app, reinstall it and start over or is it one of the apps that cannot be uninstalled without causing future problems?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No to deleting the Gmail APP, that will cause you problems in the future. One thing you can try is going into Applications and go under ALL then find the Gmail app and clear the data and cache on it.

OP
M

Moose381

Reaction score
Thanks....but it didn't help. It still says "you've already added this account". Any other suggestions?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I'd you're doing all this from your phone, try it on a computer. There's more options there.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

OP
M

Moose381

Reaction score
I have no idea how to do that from my computer. Yeah, I'm pretty new to this android stuff.

OP
M

Moose381

Reaction score
I don't want to do away with the account...I just want to have access to it on my phone. Razr says it's there and won't let me add it again...but I sure can't find it.

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
Did you install a 3rd party battery app?

Sent from my Fist, using your Face

OP
M

Moose381

Reaction score
I tried K-9 and it would allow me to check my email from that account....but it still wouldn't sync. I've deleted K-9 while trying to figure out the sync thing. This sure is frustrating. The syncing isn't that big of a deal when I'm at home because I have access to my laptop also...but I'll be gone for several weeks this summer and was hoping to leave my laptop at home, but if I do that, when I get back I'll have a few hundred emails to go through that I will have already gone through on my Razr. :icon_evil:

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
If you go to settings-device setup-connect accounts, does it show the account you're trying to add?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Zandar

Reaction score
If you go to settings-device setup-connect accounts, does it show the account you're trying to add?

This. Don't check it in the GMail app; check it in your system settings (menu from the home screen).

OP
M

Moose381

Reaction score
This. Don't check it in the GMail app; check it in your system settings (menu from the home screen).

Yes, it does show it there...now, what good does that do me?

when I click on that button it says "to remove this account, go to Settings->Accounts....but it's not there to remove.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Moose381 said:
Yes, it does show it there...now, what good does that do me?

when I click on that button it says "to remove this account, go to Settings->Accounts....but it's not there to remove.

Well it explains what's causing your troubles & let's us know which direction to go to try to fix it.

I actually had this issue myself on my 1st Razr prior to doing it's first FDR(for an unrelated reason). A FDR will correct but is likely what you'd like to do as a last resort as it will put your phone back to the way it came when you got it.

The only other way I've found that works besides a FDR, is by deleting the email account from your my Verizon web site.