Help with Gmail Calendar

Droyd

Reaction score
I am having a problem with the Gmail calendar on my Incredible 2. I am wanting to get a status bar notification for events without an alert sound, and I am unable to do this. I have gone into reminder settings, and selected status bar notification, and I am still getting a sound alert as an event reminder (as well as the status bar notification). When I turn the selection to off, I get no notification at all. I don't get it. I had no problem with this on my original Moto Droid. I got status bar notification with no sound alert. What am I doing wrong?

OP
D

Droyd

Reaction score
This is strange. I have no option for "none" in my sound choices. Any clue?

OP
D

Droyd

Reaction score
Come to think of it, maybe It's not my gmail calendar. It is possibly the HTC calendar that got info from my gmail calendar when I switched to this phone recently. How do I get just the top notification with no sound alert?

OP
D

Droyd

Reaction score
Open the calendar, then menu, more, settings, notification settings, status bar and ringtones, and select notification bar. It should now just pop up for the reminder with no sound.

This post is Incredible 2

I have tried this with no luck. Still getting a sound. Do you know why I do not have silent as an option for my calendar notification ringtone? Very strange. It's like it makes you choose a sound with silent not being a choice. HELP........

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I didn't have the silent option either once I looked. Try making a recording of nothing, put it in the media folder and see if you can set it as a ringtone. Then select that as your ringtone. Its more of a workaround than a solution, but if it works, what the heck right.

This post is Incredible 2

OP
D

Droyd

Reaction score
I just don't get why I get a sound alert even when I only have "status bar notification" selected. Should I have all calendars selected? Does this link this calendar with Gmail calendar, and PC sync?