Help with ext battery & case

mca1989

Reaction score
I bought the extended battery from version. I saw on you tube you can still use the org. back plate witch will allow it to still fit in my otterbox.
Is there any concerns with not using the ext battery back plate Vs the org. back plate ?

DroidX316

Reaction score
I bought the extended battery from version. I saw on you tube you can still use the org. back plate witch will allow it to still fit in my otterbox.
Is there any concerns with not using the ext battery back plate Vs the org. back plate ?

Well it might leave you with the bubbly circles on your screen if the case is tight on your phone.It does that with my body glove case i bought from verizon so i just keep the battery door off and have had no problems at all.

erict

Reaction score
Have read that using the standard door with an extended battery will apply to much pressure on the screen and is not advised.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't suggest using regular plate for extended. Use the one it comes with, that's what it's for.

And I've owned the Otterbox Impact and Commuter, fits fine in both. Snug and flush.

JMO:)

cpjr

Reaction score
Yeah there's a big thread about doing that on here (if you had searched) not a good idea. The extended door works fine with my otterbox.

trackready

Reaction score
If you look compatibility is listed directly on Otterbox's web site. "impact" and "commuter" are compatible with the OEM extended battery/cover. The "defender" series, however, is not.