help with cyanogenmod

mgarney26

Reaction score
i have a droid 2 rooted using z4root. i have the bootstrapper app and premium rom manager. can someone please explain how to install the latest version of cyanogenmod? ive never done this and am kinda worried about messing up my droid 2. also i am running android version 2.2 and my system version is 2.3.20. thanks in advance.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
i have a droid 2 rooted using z4root. i have the bootstrapper app and premium rom manager. can someone please explain how to install the latest version of cyanogenmod? ive never done this and am kinda worried about messing up my droid 2. also i am running android version 2.2 and my system version is 2.3.20. thanks in advance.

Yay ill help! Very simple as long as you follow the correct steps and always make a backup..if you want to save apps and data go and get titanim back up! Lemme know where your at so I can tell you what's next...first...root..just hit the permanent root..then hit yes when superuser ever apears asking permission..reboot first though then hit permanent root...sometimes it won't take the first time...
I will be here..just let me know when your rooted!:)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok im rooted

Remember number 1..once I get you to cm7..DO NOT USE BOOTSTRAPPER! ANYMORE WHILE ON CM7 OK?
You will be able to acces cwm recovery via power button click reboot and the option will be given...nowthen...
Make sure you backup your apps and all with titanium or backup app..

Ok...go to bootstrap and hit flash recovery and click ok..
Then go to rommanager and flash cwm recovery..click on droid 2 or whatever your make is..remember hit ok whenever you see the superuser.

Now you will need premium so the nightlies will show..download nightly 53 that's what I'm on at the moment..
Then before you do anything else, let me know where your at..your almost there...

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score
Remember number 1..once I get you to cm7..DO NOT USE BOOTSTRAPPER! ANYMORE WHILE ON CM7 OK?
You will be able to acces cwm recovery via power button click reboot and the option will be given...nowthen...
Make sure you backup your apps and all with titanium or backup app..

Ok...go to bootstrap and hit flash recovery and click ok..
Then go to rommanager and flash cwm recovery..click on droid 2 or whatever your make is..remember hit ok whenever you see the superuser.

Now you will need premium so the nightlies will show..download nightly 53 that's what I'm on at the moment..
Then before you do anything else, let me know where your at..your almost there...

before i go any further just how stable is this?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where are you at with progress?

After it downloads you will be promted to wipe dalvick and wipe cache and data and backup DO ALL THE ABOVE! CHECK MARK THEM..ok press ok and allow super user and when you boot back up sign in and bammmm! Congrats!! Lemme know you made it or I will worry...lol

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
before i go any further just how stable is this?

The only problem I have..is your battery won't last as long...but a fix is being worked on...you may want to try miui afterwords..all else fails and you don't like the awesome speeds and themes on the fly and many settings...just flash back to stock and hit your backup!:) and by the way..you know there is an ota official coming our way soon..they are sending out soaks..but I'm happy with cm7!

havens1515

Reaction score
Some known issues before you install:

Alt-lock doesn't work (but you can press alt twice to get the same result)
stock live-wallpapers don't work (but market live-wallpapers do)
you may have to plug-unplug-plug your usb to get it to connect to the computer, or get power (unchecking "USB debugging" seems to fix this)
voice commands do not work over bluetooth

These are all very small issues to most people, especially since most of them have a work-around, but you can make that decision yourself.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some known issues before you install:

Alt-lock doesn't work (but you can press alt twice to get the same result)
stock live-wallpapers don't work (but market live-wallpapers do)
you may have to plug-unplug-plug your usb to get it to connect to the computer, or get power (unchecking "USB debugging" seems to fix this)
voice commands do not work over bluetooth

These are all very small issues to most people, especially since most of them have a work-around, but you can make that decision yourself.

Thanks I should've added these...lol good save bro!

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score
im supposed to be a member of the soak tests so i may just wait and give it a shot....whenever it finally decides to make it to me...its been like 2 days since i got the e-mail regarding it.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
im supposed to be a member of the soak tests so i may just wait and give it a shot....whenever it finally decides to make it to me...its been like 2 days since i got the e-mail regarding it.

Yeah I hear you can actually sign up through the site..

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes you can I did it like 2 or 3 months ago

Awesomenisity!...lol I just can't wait..won't wanna lose root..but we shall see..the devs are gonna have a field day with this update..lol I hope!:)

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score
Awesomenisity!...lol I just can't wait..won't wanna lose root..but we shall see..the devs are gonna have a field day with this update..lol I hope!:)

So what's your best guess on when we will get this test soak or are u a tester?