Help with contacts

Moselle

Reaction score
All of my yahoo email contacts are embedded with my phone contacts. How can i move my email contacts to my yahoo account. Thanks to all
great forum.

Edit...Im not sure what happened but my email contact are where their supposed to be. Mods feel free to delete this.

Last edited:

one_L_michele

Reaction score
Similar issue?

The only contacts I want to have in Contacts are the ones synched by VX BackUp Assistant.
I do not want my FB, GMail, Yahoo contacts added and all lumped in together.
Hope someone can help us.
Thanks!

OP
M

Moselle

Reaction score
Im not sure, im new to all this, i think the sync takes care of that

one_L_michele

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new too (got my Droid on Thursday). Sync takes care of it alright: it syncs all accounts to one Contact area. I only want the 192 phone contacts instead of the 600 of what they synched from FB, Gmail, Yahoo.
I think my problem is similar to yours and am hoping someone will provide an answer that will solve both our issues.
:)

OP
M

Moselle

Reaction score
I think there may be some apps that you can download to help with that, i got one for one of my email accounts that was supposed to put all the contacts where they belong, but i could never get it to work. Mabey somebody with knowledge will chime in.

snstr1

Reaction score
I agree I just want to see my phone contacts not gmail or anything else. I managed to get rid of the FB contacts you just have to remove your FB account from the account app. You will still be able to use the FB app from the market and stuff.

Just cant figure out how to lose the gmail also considering this is a google phone.

EDIT: I found that if you go to manage accounts in your contacts that you can remove your gmail account. It says it will remove the contacts also. I am going to do a nandroid back up then try this I will post if it worked.

Last edited:

snstr1

Reaction score
I agree I just want to see my phone contacts not gmail or anything else. I managed to get rid of the FB contacts you just have to remove your FB account from the account app. You will still be able to use the FB app from the market and stuff.

Just cant figure out how to lose the gmail also considering this is a google phone.

EDIT: I found that if you go to manage accounts in your contacts that you can remove your gmail account. It says it will remove the contacts also. I am going to do a nandroid back up then try this I will post if it worked.

FYI it cant be done. Only if you do a factory reset. Looks like im stuck with gmail and its jacked up false information. All my contacts have birthdays and they are all wrong.. lol Lame.

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new too (got my Droid on Thursday). Sync takes care of it alright: it syncs all accounts to one Contact area. I only want the 192 phone contacts instead of the 600 of what they synched from FB, Gmail, Yahoo.
I think my problem is similar to yours and am hoping someone will provide an answer that will solve both our issues.
:)
Well with FB I think you're screwed, just don't use the app and make a bookmark link on your front screen to facebook.com, it's just like the app anyway. With Yahoo and gmail, they give you options NOT to sync your contacts, I recommend that route and just add the folks you need to.

BOBONZR

Reaction score
It works

FYI it cant be done. Only if you do a factory reset. Looks like im stuck with gmail and its jacked up false information. All my contacts have birthdays and they are all wrong.. lol Lame.

Well I just did this and it worked fine. Go to the homepage and click the icon that brings up all your apps (the silver circle on black at the bottom), scroll down to "my accounts," click on FB, Twitter, whatever and remove them. For removing email contacts just highlight the acct name [email protected] and deselect "sync contacts." Voila, no more of these "other" contacts showing up in Ur phonebook/contacts. As stated use the FB app for Facebooking, etc for the others. Sign into them thru their own dedicated Android apps. Don't use the Social Networking app, itz not well researched yet. A good idea, we definitely were screaming for it on the iPhone, but it needs to mature. There are some confusing and redundant apps/preferences in the OS, too many places doing the same task :icon_ banana:. I just got my phone yesterday and I love it, but she ain't killing my iPhone just yet.