Help with bar code scanner please

Mandakorff

Reaction score
I'm still having problems with the bar code scanner. I hold the bar code of a product up to the scanner and then what do I do? Do I have to take a picture? Should I hear a click or something? Nothing is happening.

MikeDI

Reaction score
Barcode Scanner

I'm still having problems with the bar code scanner. I hold the bar code of a product up to the scanner and then what do I do? Do I have to take a picture? Should I hear a click or something? Nothing is happening.

The scanner I use is called barcode scanner and if you just hold it steady (something I always have trouble doing) it will scan by itself and give you options for shopping on line or searching

dclutter1

Reaction score

As you position the barcode in the view on your screen, it should start making some noises and trying to focus and recognize the characteristics of the barcode.

OP
M

Mandakorff

Reaction score

As you position the barcode in the view on your screen, it should start making some noises and trying to focus and recognize the characteristics of the barcode.
Thanks for your response. I tried again both with a ketsup bottle and a bottle of Kendal Jackson Chardonnay. I held it real still, balanced it on the counter too and waited for what i felt was ample time. I got nothing. I got a message that says wait for camera to focus but it never did. I even held my breath!

dclutter1

Reaction score

Thanks for your response. I tried again both with a ketsup bottle and a bottle of Kendal Jackson Chardonnay. I held it real still, balanced it on the counter too and waited for what i felt was ample time. I got nothing. I got a message that says wait for camera to focus but it never did. I even held my breath!

Hmm.. Holding my breath usually does the trick, so I'm not sure what else to tell you.

Try uninstalling/reinstalling the app. Maybe power cycle the phone between. When it's working, you'll definitely notice some activity.

Rayv

Reaction score
I was having the same problem getting things to scan. I was trying to hold extra still and let it focus. Turned out that was my problem. The scanners work much much faster if you move the camera slowly up and down over the barcode like a scanner used in stores. It works so much better and easier since I figured that out :)

Last edited:
OP
M

Mandakorff

Reaction score
I was having the same problem getting things to scan. I was trying to hold extra still and let it focus. Turned out that was my problem. The scanners work much much faster if you move the camera slowly up and down over the barcode like a scanner used in stores. It works so much better and easier since I figured that out :)
Okay, I'll give that a try. Thanks for your response and I;ll let you know!