Help with Backup

AcridGosling

Reaction score
Hello. I have used Titanium backup for years and SWORE by it. Well, I now have a samsung galaxy nexus with no SD card slot. I discovered the very, VERY hard and painful way that Titanium Backup Pro DOES NOT copy over pictures or music or created folders. I literally lost almost 10 years of pictures in seconds.

From what I can determine a Nandroid or NAND backup also DOES NOT backup these files.

I want an app, that for a rooted user, can backup EVERYTHING, system, apps, app data, sms, mms, photos, music, videos, EVRYTHING.

Does one exist, or am I stuck using a combination of a Nandroid Backup, Titanium Backup, and copy all directories off the phone?

In essence, the next time I need a warranty replacement, I want to be able to root, and flash all info from old phone onto the new phone.

Thanks.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I either backup backup everything to my computer. Or use apps like Dropbox or Minus for pictures & music.

Tapped from a Nexus

OP
AcridGosling

AcridGosling

Reaction score
Argh, such a pain. But I guess it will have to do for now. If I had any programming skills I would make one.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I do what CJM does and more. I backup my backup to my PC. After doing that I backup all my pics/videos to Google+ (Instant Upload makes it easy, but I know some are against this). And just to be sure I backup my media to my PC which is then backed up to my backup hdd. Yeah I know it's alot :D

I've flashed multiple ROMs and used Titanium Backup throughout the process and never lost my pics/videos though. Did the standard clear the data/cache/dalvik cache and never lost any pics/videos in the gallery app.