HELP! Which phone to keep???

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
I am a self-employed, part-time phone tech. I recently repaired a GNex with the intention of replacing my RAZR with it. Now, I'm having a hard time deciding which phone to sell. Both phones are awesome, have similar specs, and are both running Jelly Bean. I can't just keep both because I need the extra money for my business, so I'm going to let everyone else decide which phone I should keep. Help me out by leaving a comment on which phone you would keep and why!

4low4fun

Reaction score
Posting in the RAZR forums might get you a biased response! ;) lol
2 things to consider here. If you want to get the latest updates quicker go with the nexus. If you want a phone that performs just a little bit better stick with the RAZR. The RAZR as you know has the SD card slot and gets better benchmarks even though they run the same processor. Not sure about you but I use the crap out of my HDMI port. You also have the camera to consider. Just food for thought.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I am a self-employed, part-time phone tech. I recently repaired a GNex with the intention of replacing my RAZR with it. Now, I'm having a hard time deciding which phone to sell. Both phones are awesome, have similar specs, and are both running Jelly Bean. I can't just keep both because I need the extra money for my business, so I'm going to let everyone else decide which phone I should keep. Help me out by leaving a comment on which phone you would keep and why!
Decisions, decisions, decisions. Hard choices. I'm a Motorola fan so my opinion is probably leaning in that direction right from the start. But, I've used both phones and I personally like the look and feel of the Razr. It just feels better in my hand. I also think that the radio/antenna configuration in the Razr is superior the the Nexus...but I have no stats to prove that. I think I'd keep the Razr.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Both previous posts are spot on. Like 4low4fun said, you're going to get a biased response from us here, and like jp said, the Motorola radios (and antennas), are the cream of the crop and everyone else is a notch (or more), below. They invented the portable cellular phone and have the most experience with radio communications of all cellular phone manufacturers, going way back before cellular radios.

They've been the first choice military contractor for communications equipment for as long as they've been making radios, and are the first choice for all emergency personnel (police, fire, ambulance, homeland security, etc.). Ask your local policeman whose radio they're carrying...chances are overwhelmingly good that it's a Motorola.

There are lots of reasons to go either way but what you have to decide is what you really want in a phone...that is, what features and performance are most important to you. If you list then here, we'll help you decide. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
I am a huge Motorola fan. Lol my first three phones were Motorola handsets. Fourth phone was an LG enV3 (POS). After that, I went back to Motorola. The GNex is the first non-Motorola phone I've had since the LG.

I noticed the Nexus performed significantly lower in the benchmark tests, which surprised me. I figured it would have tested higher than the RAZR. As far as storage goes, I'm not too concerned because I don't download any apps I don't need (games, etc.) because I won't ever use them. I have noticed the radios are slightly better on the RAZR. Not much, but it is barely noticeable. The camera on the Nexus actually takes better pictures, which again is surprising. As far as the HDMI port, I have never used it. What I do miss is SmartActions. I got used to my phone turning its ringer on and off by itself! :p

OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
Well, I just sold the RAZR. I think I threw up a little in my mouth... Lol I will probably end up buying another one anyway. I'm getting tired of the Nexus dying in 6 hours. With the extended battery.

OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
Guess what! Back to the RAZR. Lol missed the battery life and it now has circle widget and all the other goodies from the RAZR HD's (minus NFC of course).