help? trying to install ultimate droid 8 from bb0.4

JDLUKE

Reaction score
hey im relatively new to this rom thing and I need a step by step guide how to install ultimate droid 8 on the moto droid from bugless beast 0.4. I have tried many times and get errors. im also using a mac if that changes anything. thanks

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
hey im relatively new to this rom thing and I need a step by step guide how to install ultimate droid 8 on the moto droid from bugless beast 0.4. I have tried many times and get errors. im also using a mac if that changes anything. thanks

There really is no "guide" for this. But let me take a crack at it. :)
Ok. U downloaded from here to your mac then moved the .zip to the root of the sd card correct? Do u use rom manager? If so, select install from sd card, select the .zip, select both back up current rom AND wipe data. Allow minutes, not seconds, to restart after install.

If not using rom manager, go into recovery to install. Are u using clockwork or spr?

OP
JDLUKE

JDLUKE

Reaction score

There really is no "guide" for this. But let me take a crack at it. :)
Ok. U downloaded from here to your mac then moved the .zip to the root of the sd card correct? Do u use rom manager? If so, select install from sd card, select the .zip, select both back up current rom AND wipe data. Allow minutes, not seconds, to restart after install.

If not using rom manager, go into recovery to install. Are u using clockwork or spr?

wow. its stuck at the m logo now. what do i do? sorry im horrible at this.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Did you make a back up of your bb4 rom prior to attempting this?
Pull battery, put back in, hold down the X button while turning power back on. Restore your back up.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Also don't be sorry. We are all in this community together. :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
JD, it's always helpful to give us as much information as possible...starting with the recovery that you are using, SPR or CWR

OP
JDLUKE

JDLUKE

Reaction score
JD, it's always helpful to give us as much information as possible...starting with the recovery that you are using, SPR or CWR

im using clockworkmod, and the backup isnt working...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even if your backup isn't working you might still be alright, if you have the UD.zip on your SD still which I am sure you do.

Did you wipe data and cache before you tried to install ?

OP
JDLUKE

JDLUKE

Reaction score
Even if your backup isn't working you might still be alright, if you have the UD.zip on your SD still which I am sure you do.

Did you wipe data and cache before you tried to install ?

yes i did. im mounted the sd card and can see it on my computer now.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can try wiping each 3X and then a fresh install of UD unless this is what you did already

Not all ROMs work with all devices

OP
JDLUKE

JDLUKE

Reaction score
should i just reinstall bbv.04? i just downloaded it. i noticed that when i download the .zip files, it automatically gets decompressed into a folder on mac. i have to compress it back into a .zip file. could this be the problem?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
DO what tparker said.. wipe data and wipe cache 3x each. You should use SPRecovery but I know for a fact ClockWorld will work (cause I did it). Get the zip file over on your SD card. Install that file after you have wiped. I do not know your skill level so if I am insulting you here I apologize but I saw someone else do this.... DO NOT unzip the file before you move it over, leave it zipped.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
So your back-up is not working ?

I would hate for you to not install a new ROM, it should be possible, is this the same way you originally loaded BB, by downloading the files onto your mac ?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I should also add that, if you did unzip it, no worries. We all stat somewhere and that is how we increase our skill level... by learning.

Also, don't use ROM Manager to do this...um,,,, at all.

A MAC would not matter here because installing a ROM is done completely with the phone.

OP
JDLUKE

JDLUKE

Reaction score
So your back-up is not working ?

I would hate for you to not install a new ROM, it should be possible, is this the same way you originally loaded BB, by downloading the files onto your mac ?

i used clockworkmod to install bb, this is the first time i have used my mac.