HELP! :( Tried flashing my first ROM, now screwed.

dtboos

Reaction score
Ok so I've been rooted for a few days, and only really did it for the ability to do backups (nandroid) and take screenshots.

Well I decided to try a Cyanogen mod ROM today, and well it didn't go too well. I used ROM Manager, and went and created a Nandroid backup and all that good stuff before hand just in case.

Well the ROM flash didn't go well it wont boot up (wont even do the boot animation). And on top of that I have no nandroid option in my recovery anylonger so I am starting to lose it. This is my business phone so I really hope somebody can help me here.

I need to figure out how to get a different recovery loaded so I can load my Nandroid backup. OR I need to figure out how to flash something else, preferably stock android which ships with the N1 so I can at least boot the phone, and then run backups after that.

The phone in question is a Nexus One, which was rooted via the UniversalAndroot one click method which supposedly does not unlock the boot loader.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

*edit*
oh yah, and I have the official Froyo update, but when trying to load it I get a status 7 error. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA /calm

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
moved to the Rescue Squad area

These guys are pro's and will get you on your feet.

OP
dtboos

dtboos

Reaction score
Very frustrating. I have my nandroid & titanium backups but no way of installing / restoring them. Is my phone screwed? I cannot be without my phone so if its done for I will need to go buy one of ATT's crappy ass phones to make due.

OP
dtboos

dtboos

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
dtboos

dtboos

Reaction score
Ok so I have managed to flash RA recovery using superboot. From there, I was not able to load my backups which were made using the clockwork Rom Manager.

However! I was able to unlock my boot loader (didnt want to have to do that but oh well), and install my cyanogen mod ROM successfully.

So now I'm hoping I can restore things from here (really hoping I can reflash stock froyo). I'll keep you posted, and thank you for the attempts as I know its hard to do from somebody's descriptions.

OP
dtboos

dtboos

Reaction score
YAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Ok so I was able to find the clockwork ROM Manager online and emailed it to myself so I could install it on my phone which had no marketplace.

Installed it and restored my backup. Its like I never did anything.

That was nerve racking lol.