Help...strange activities and a question

spoyld

Reaction score
I have had my droid for 2 weeks now and have some strange sightings...like email showing up a week after it should have and emails showing up from a week ago that I have already seen and deleted.

Also, trying to find out how to make my text messages "play" a reminder every half hour or so instead of having to look at my phone each time I return after stepping away from it.

All advice, help and suggestions welcome. Thanks a bunch!!!

Suzanne

foolydooly

Reaction score
I have had my droid for 2 weeks now and have some strange sightings...like email showing up a week after it should have and emails showing up from a week ago that I have already seen and deleted.
This might be refresh problem. Is all this done off Droid? Or do you use your email from your PC also?

Also, trying to find out how to make my text messages "play" a reminder every half hour or so instead of having to look at my phone each time I return after stepping away from it.
There isn't, to be frank. You can set reminder for every thirty minutes, but not reminder every thirty minutes -if- there's SMS received.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

All advice, help and suggestions welcome. Thanks a bunch!!!

Suzanne

Can't answer your email question without knowing how you've got it set up. If you have it set up to be forwarded to gmail that could be the issue. You may want to set it up directly to the Droid. If you do that then make sure you download the k-9 app from the market.

I do not know of a way to have your Droid remind you of text messages other then the fact that you have a flashing light. You can set it up to notify you as additional messages are received.

OP
S

spoyld

Reaction score
Yes, the email I am receiving a second time has been deleted off my Droid, not my PC. The email I haven't received has been email I've seen on my PC or haven't seen at all, but it will show up a week after the send date.

GMail isn't involved at all, it is my Yahoo mail account.

Thanks for the info on the 'reminder' or lack thereof. That's what I thought, but wanted to check.

foolydooly

Reaction score
Yes, the email I am receiving a second time has been deleted off my Droid, not my PC. The email I haven't received has been email I've seen on my PC or haven't seen at all, but it will show up a week after the send date.

GMail isn't involved at all, it is my Yahoo mail account.

If you're using "Mail" application, it's very likely fact that it's refreshing from it whenever random time it feels like it.

Also, at start, it warned me that Yahoo mail support itself is very buggy (most people will not be able to log on, etc) so I honestly can't say I can help you too well. Personally, my Yahoo isn't letting me log into my email.

If anything, get yourself a new email and make Yahoo forward everything to it. Maybe it'll sync better? This is workaround, I know, but personally I can't think of solution.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yahoo, huh? Maybe you want to take a look at gmail and see what they recommend for the setup for yahoo. www.gmail.com and look in your settings, first tab. I think there are some specific instructions about yahoo.

OP
S

spoyld

Reaction score
Thanks again. Will look into it, especially having my email forwarded to another email account. At least that way I won't have to send out notifications to everyone that I am changing my email address.