Email Problems...Please Help!

sunshine5n

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I have had my Droid now for a few months and have been going along just loving it. Now, about two weeks ago my email started acting strange. I have AOL coming into it (and have since I got it) and can read my new mail and even send it. But, now the emails are all mixed up (wrong content from the wrong person, etc) And, when I send an email now, it forwards an old email instead of sending what I write. My account is just fine when I access it via the computer, only gets messed up on the phone. Any ideas? Thanks!:icon_ banana:

cindyp

Reaction score
YES ~ PLEASE HELP!!!
I am having the exact same issue. I have had my Droid for almost 2 months, and just in the last two weeks I have been having the same trouble with my email. Incoming messages are appearing with the wrong content for the wrong person and outgoing messages are sending some random old email message instead of the one I composed. The only difference between my situation and Sunshine5n above is that it is happening with email in both my AOL and my hotmail accounts. I really hope someone can help -- I got the Droid because I rely heavily on the mobile email features (replaced my BlackBerry), so this is a real NO GO for me. Thanks for any help or suggestions!!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you using the stock Email app? It is bad. Use k9 from the market and delete any account in the stock app.

cindyp

Reaction score
Thank you aminaked!:icon_ banana:

I am using the stock email. I will try the k9 mail. I'm new at this, so any tricks or helpful hints or tragic pitfalls that I should know about before I give the install a try would be greatly appreciated! Do you know how I get rid up the accounts that are set up now under the stock email app -- I see where I can add an account, but not delete. Or maybe it is ok to just add the k9 mail and ignore the stock?

Thank you again!!! :)

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you aminaked!:icon_ banana:

I am using the stock email. I will try the k9 mail. I'm new at this, so any tricks or helpful hints or tragic pitfalls that I should know about before I give the install a try would be greatly appreciated! Do you know how I get rid up the accounts that are set up now under the stock email app -- I see where I can add an account, but not delete. Or maybe it is ok to just add the k9 mail and ignore the stock?

Thank you again!!! :)

Yes, you can simply leave the accounts that the email app reads alone. Just turn off notification and polling in the email app; put the email app away in your app drawer; and never look at it again.

You may, of course, delete the accounts associated with the email app. But you don't have to do so.

frankrigor

Reaction score
YES ~ PLEASE HELP!!!
I am having the exact same issue. I have had my Droid for almost 2 months, and just in the last two weeks I have been having the same trouble with my email. Incoming messages are appearing with the wrong content for the wrong person and outgoing messages are sending some random old email message instead of the one I composed. The only difference between my situation and Sunshine5n above is that it is happening with email in both my AOL and my hotmail accounts. I really hope someone can help -- I got the Droid because I rely heavily on the mobile email features (replaced my BlackBerry), so this is a real NO GO for me. Thanks for any help or suggestions!!

I am having the same problems also, just started this past week. I have bellsouth/att.net email account.
What is k9? I looked it up on market and there are number of different things listed.
Do I use that for my email and how do I set it up for my bellsouth/att.net account?

barrm5

Reaction score
same problem where droid is getting old emails

I am having the same issue with my work email which is a microsoft outlook exchange. I can see who wrote me and what the subject but when you open the body of the email it has an old email I wrote several months ago which has nothing at all to do with the email I am trying to read. These emails are FINE on the computer so its something with the phone. I dont know what to do- at first it was a few random emails and now its EVERY email...it started about a week ago- so it took about a week to completely take over. I don't know what to do.