Help SBF droid x and dont have Clockwork mod

deadbot

Reaction score
Had DX rooted with z4root, installed clockwork mod and ran Liberty 1.5. Everything ran fine. Decided to go back to stock and reloaded my nandroid backup. Everything was back to normal except for clockwork mod coming up upon reboot so I removed clockwork mod, downloaded Root Explore, removed the hijack file and logwrapper.bin, then renamed logwrapper by adding .bin. Now, I either get bootloops, or doesn't power on at all. Tried to power on holding power button and home key getting the stock bootloader, but only works when the charger is plugged into the wall. Was wondering if and how I can sbf if I no longer have clockworkmod, OR access files on the memory card.

FernBch

Reaction score
Whatever you do, your sd card files are safe. There's a bootable linux cd that you can use to sbf back to Froyo. Do a search, it's here. After that you can toot, flash, etc.

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

OP
D

deadbot

Reaction score
well basically i cant access The Droid X through the USB port because the phone/computer isn't reading that the droid x is connected so i can not perform a SBF and since clockwork mod is uninstalled were basically stuck and the phone wont completely load up to the home screen since it gets stuck on boot loops so i am trying to find a way to get to the sd menu on the phone to sbf it back to factory default

FernBch

Reaction score
Try the linux cd method, all you need from the X is to get into bootloader and the cd does the rest

OP
D

deadbot

Reaction score
Try the linux cd method, all you need from the X is to get into bootloader and the cd does the rest

is it ok if the computer isnt reading that the droid x isnt plugged in even though it is and the droid x on bootload mode says that its connected? sorry if it sounds confusing.

J

JriderG

If rsd lite shows its connected then it will work. That is on windows.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

deadbot

Reaction score
If rsd lite shows its connected then it will work. That is on windows.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

when i connect to RSD lite nothing comes up and i know what it looks like i have SBF'd my droid 2 before but its not working for my droid x

FernBch

Reaction score
When in bootloader it will say something like "bootloader 30.04, battery ok, ready to program"