Help.....rooted my droid now I have no battery!!

cegleston

Reaction score
So I am a noobie to rooting and after a long and hard decision making process I decided to root. I followed the guide on here for "rooting the droid regardless of os" and got my Success message at end that said enjoy your root. My problem now is that once I rebooted it goes to the home screen but I have a red battery icon with a line through it. Then it reboots, again and again. It will stay on for about 45 seconds and reboots. I don't know what happened and now I don't know what to do. I did get a chance to get my phone info Baseband: C_01.43.01P
Kernal Version 2.6.29-OMAP1-g7fa788
Android Build @apa26#1
Build Number FRG22D by Pete

Someone Please HELP!!!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
uhhh plug it into the charger for an hour (wall charger, not USB) and then see if it works.

OP
cegleston

cegleston

Reaction score
Should I just let it charge even though it keeps rebooting?? Also I just noticed that I am getting the no service up in the right hand corner.......help......I feel like crying!!! Also, even though it is plugged in it is saying connect your charger.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
i have heard of this happening before does anyone know what causes it? or how to fix it?

Reaction score
Just for reference, so the thread has a useful explanation in it and not just a solution. If you root a 2.2 phone using the SPR for ESE81 .sbf file this will happen every time. The ESE81 file flashes a 2.1 kernel along with the recovery image. This is the reason for the rebooting and no battery indication. When you reboot recovery, wipe, and reflash your rom the kernel that comes with the rom is reflashed.

PARick

Reaction score
Ok, I have the same problem. Can the step-by-step instructions be listed for someone as dumb as me?