Help-rooted Droid-X contact sync not working

droidxjr

Reaction score
I rooted my droid-X with Z4root, installed Titanium backup pro and froze many of the factory installed boatware. Now my facebook and exchange contacts don't sync. I deleted both accounts and re-added. Email and calendar works, but contacts don't sync. I've unfrozen almost all of the apps and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

In case this makes any difference, the motorola widget for social media also doesn't work.

OP
D

droidxjr

Reaction score
re

Where do i go to set auto-sync? i looked a few places and couldn't find it.

Also, i should probably point out that I went into the music app from titanium and hit the wipe data button earlier. I thought that would only be for the music app, but that may have had a bigger effect.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where do i go to set auto-sync? i looked a few places and couldn't find it.

Tap menu, tap settings, tap accounts & syns, tap auto sync If that is not an option for you open the email app, tap settings and accounts and look for the sync

Also, i should probably point out that I went into the music app from titanium and hit the wipe data button earlier. I thought that would only be for the music app, but that may have had a bigger effect.

Not sure. It depends if you were in batch and had all apps selected, I think.

I have a rooted Droid so my experience may be different.

OP
D

droidxjr

Reaction score
re

OK, i have the sync working. i did have to go into the email account->email settings, email delivery. And it's already set to fetch every 15 minutes. I've also done a manual sync and the emails and calendar are syncing fine, just not the contacts.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry my Droid allows me to sync contacts, photos, mail, and calendar. Not sure where to find on the X.

OP
D

droidxjr

Reaction score
re

What I've found from searching the web is that various droid users have various issues and I've seen this come up. I might just have to wipe the phone.

OP
D

droidxjr

Reaction score
Problem solved (sort of)

Well, sort of. I went ahead and wiped the phone and now it's working like normal. Definitely some lost time to get it back to normal, but nothing worse than that. Of course, I'll be downloading z4root again. I don't mean to discourage anyone from giving rooting a try, just do it on a sunday when you have time:)

To Format:

1)Turn off the phone

2)Hold the Power Button and the Home Button. The Moto logo will pop up followed by a triangle with the Android symbol next to it.

3)Press the Search button to display the menu.

4)4 options will pop up, use the Volume Rocker to move the selection up or down.

5)Select “Wipe Data to Factory Default.” Select the option by using the Camera hard key.

6)Confirm choice by using the camera key.

7)It will take you back to the original menu, select "Reboot Device"

You will have to re-program your phone with OTA updates.

OP
D

droidxjr

Reaction score
conclusion-rooting Droid-X done successfully

I hate to answer all my own posts, but in order to keep those with faint hearts from being afraid of rooting the phone, I want to report that everything is working now. It's unclear if the root, freezing apps, or general android behavior caused the issue, but wiping the phone fixed the problem. Also, using titanium backup pro made it very simple to restore my apps and data. I'm now rooted and running fine.

On a side note, the pesky issue of the music player holding onto deleted music and taking forever to delete songs was also fixed when I did the re-set, so I'm much better off now than I was before I started.

Jason