help please

highlander90

Reaction score
I just got the droid 2 and i've been researching this so much but i can't seem to find the right answer. I use ventones.com for free ringtones and when it sends to my phone i can't save it. I finally got the savemms app and have it saved and then i moved it to music and played but when i hit menu sometimes it says save as ringtone sometimes it doesnt say anything. It's like bi polar. And i can't get one for my text message ringtone. PLease help? Also if theres an easier way to save the ringtones....

I also did ringdroid. The ringtone that i saved from text message didnt work so i had to use ringdroid but i want the ones i already have made form ventones

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just got the droid 2 and i've been researching this so much but i can't seem to find the right answer. I use ventones.com for free ringtones and when it sends to my phone i can't save it. I finally got the savemms app and have it saved and then i moved it to music and played but when i hit menu sometimes it says save as ringtone sometimes it doesnt say anything. It's like bi polar. And i can't get one for my text message ringtone. PLease help? Also if theres an easier way to save the ringtones....

I also did ringdroid. The ringtone that i saved from text message didnt work so i had to use ringdroid but i want the ones i already have made form ventones

I found a video that probably will help, you just got to remember that the instructions are for a Droid 1 so you won't mount the same way but basically everything else should be the same.

How To Load Ringtones On Your Droid Android Phone Video

See if that doesn't help you out.

OP
H

highlander90

Reaction score
thanks. I guess i can try to save them from ventones onto my desktop and that should hopefully work if the droid 2 reads it from a ringtones folder. The only thing is the text message ringtone now :icon_eek:

pool_shark

Reaction score
I have my text message tones saved to the SDcard in /media/audio/notifications.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Try downloading zedge that always works for me you can also just save those sounds on your computer and drag them to the music folder on the memory card. I prefer zedge

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
H

highlander90

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help. I got it figured out now. Only thing is, everytime i take out the sd card and put into my computer to add ringtones or sync it directy with the phone, all of the contacts/ringtones/notifications i added always change even if i turn off my phone before syncing. So everytime i have a nwe ringtone i have to change everyones ringtone back

pool_shark

Reaction score
You don't have to take the card out.

Plug the Droid into the computer and change to USB mass storage.

OP
H

highlander90

Reaction score
i've tried it both ways, either way it still resets all my ringtones

pool_shark

Reaction score
My ringtones stay put unless I remove the card.
I don't use ventones, maybe that is what's causing the trouble?