Help please...

hodgewdm

Reaction score
Okay I made the mistake of flashing sprecovery a couple of weeks ago thinking I was going to root. I tried to use the unroot guides here with no luck. RSD LITE no luck. I restored a nandroid backup and it took me back to android 2.01 with root access. I used the update zip to get to stock 2.1, but it says I still have superuser permissions(ninja is there)..When I receive the 2.2 update will this go away, do I need to do anything special to get the 2.2 update?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Moved you to where the experts hangout....

OP
hodgewdm

hodgewdm

Reaction score
Okay so I get RSD going and click on the 2.01 stock file and click start and it say internal error while programming phone

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have the right drivers installed (from the thread mhartman linked)?

OP
hodgewdm

hodgewdm

Reaction score
Yep. I unistalled the drivers and reinstalled from the post. downloaded the 2.01 stock file sbf and I still get internal error while programming phone.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm wrong but I believe you are not approaching this incorrectly.

In you OP you indicated that you installed SPRecovery. If that is still on your phone and you are able to boot into recovery follow these steps:

Download 2.01 stock update.zip (found in the link in box 3 above "Ok, I can't get RSD Lite to work. where you can download the stock 2.0.1"
rename the downloaded file to update.zip (if you don't see the .zip in the downloaded filename don't add it because the file extensions are hidden from you.)
mount Droid to computer
rename or remove any existing update.zip file(s)
copy file (renamed update.zip)from computer to root of sdcard
unmount card from computer
hold X while rebooting until SPRecovery screen comes up
install
allow update.zip
install /sdcard/update.zip (depreciated)
reboot

You now are on stock 2.01. None of your data or market apps from your previous installation have been removed. (setcpu, root manager, etc will still exist)

Let us know if this resolves your issue.
Mike

OP
hodgewdm

hodgewdm

Reaction score
Should i even mess with it? I mean everything is working ok. I have 2.1 update1 running, its just that I have superuser permission with this. Supposedly stock update. Will I get 2.2 OTA still?
When i go to recovery(x/power on) I get the trianlge with exclaimation mark. I need to press volume up and camera to go past this screen

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If your comfortable as is then let everything stand. You can always reroot if you are unhappy with the OTA.

Mike

OP
hodgewdm

hodgewdm

Reaction score
Sorry to be a pain but am I actually rooted right now with the ninja showing? I didn't think 2.1 could be rooted per say just roms that let you have root access? As long as I will still get the 2.2 update I'm ok as-is...

OP
hodgewdm

hodgewdm

Reaction score
Okay so I just manually updated to 2.2 and I still have the superuser ninja in the app drawer. What does this mean? Do I want to get rid of him? Is it useful?