Help Please!!!

rockrchic923

Reaction score
I recently purchased my motorola droid on saturday and fell in love right away. But i have had a BIG problem with it since monday afternoon. I have not been able to recieve any text messages or voicemail notifications since yesterday at lunch time. I have continually been able to send messages and it says that they are all sending successfully, and people on the other end are getting them. but when they try to send them back i never recieve the text (this applies to both Verizon and non-Verizon accounts) I have been in contact with verizon and they have tried every trick that came to mind with no avail. I would hate to have to give up the phone but if i can't get this fixed i don't see the point of being able to keep it. Any help that someone here could give me would be grately appreciated

*FYI i deleted all of the apps that i have downloaded from the marketplace, did a factory reset twice. updated the service towers also all to no avail.*

TheMidnight

Reaction score
Is the messaging process running in the background? Android has a process that listens for those (there's also a visual voicemail one). You should be able to see them in Advanced Task Killer Free (DL from the market). If you don't see them, something is keeping them from starting. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of Droid startup will come along...

seancollinduffy

Reaction score
bad

Hey, you really do not want to post with the title of help plese, it should be titled droid cannot receive sms

But, a lot of the time this seems to be caused by the formatting of numbers(perenthsis and dashes) a lot of previouse altel customers seem to be having problems with this.

There doesn't seem to be an easy fix https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/68173#68173

You should check and make sure you are running 2.01(go to settings, about phone, firmware version) if not, hit check for updates.

If you have the app astro file viewer you can hit the hardware menu button, tools, processes manager, processes, and see if com.android.mms is running

Tho if it is not I do not know how to force start it.

Simply backing up your apps using astro, and exchanging your phone may be the simplest solution