help please..

DDay718

Reaction score
:blackdroid: so i rooted my incredible 2 to revotutionary. then an ota thing started to keep popping up. after that my phone kept powering off after turn on. now when i go to turn my phone on it won't go past the HTC. someone help please i don't know what to do. I can get into my HBOOT n i think i just have to download an andriod system or something but i'm not sure.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
After installing revolutionary were you able to install clockwork recovery? What you need to get your phone back is....

a) clockwork recovery installed, a backup and/or a rom of your choice on your sdcard. If you installed clockwork recovery then you can select recovery from hboot and it will boot into cwr. From there you can restore a backup or install a rom from zip.

b) if all else fails you can try installing the stock ruu.

If you get your phone back to a normal rooted state to block the ota update....in root explorer mount as read write (r/w), then go to etc/security/otacerts.zip. rename otacerts.zip to otacerts.bak. Mount as r/o and close root explorer.

Sent from my Incredible 2

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is a manual install clockwork thread. Not sure if it will help. I am looking for ruu instructions now http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1160814 [GUIDE] Flash CWM Manually (for noobs)

Sent from my Incredible 2