HELP PLEASE incredible screw up

tdane09

Reaction score
I have a serios problem with my incredible, i was running skyraider and tryed to flash a new kernel now it wont power on past the HTC screen... I can get into Hboot but ive tried everything there from clear to factory reset... also clockwork mod is going to a solid black screen with no options and just powering off... any help would be greatly appreciated...

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is your screen solid black or does it have white lines on the sides of it? Hang tight for a bit- we'll be with you in a few.

OP
T

tdane09

Reaction score
im still not getting it past the HTC screen.. even after following the directions exactly

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
KK. Did you atleast fix it to where you can see the recovery?

OP
T

tdane09

Reaction score
the only thing i can get to is Hboot... when i go to recovery it stil black with white bars on the side :(

S197

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
im still not getting it past the HTC screen.. even after following the directions exactly

It might be because you wiped the data from your phone. If you followed the directions above, you should be able to get to recovery. From there, try and flash SkyRaider again and see if it boots.

OP
T

tdane09

Reaction score
It never has let me into recovery...not even when i was flashing roms, I just used rom manager let it reboot its self

S197

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the only thing i can get to is Hboot... when i go to recovery it stil black with white bars on the side :(

Sorry, looks like we posted at the same time. If you still have the white bars then recovery didn't take. Could be several things, your SD card needs to be formatted to FAT32 and make sure the file is named properly PB31IMG.zip (make sure file extensions are not hidden, you may be naming it .zip.zip)

Alternatively, you can use the unrevoked tool to flash the recovery image per the instructions in the tutorial. That would bypass HBOOT altogether but you need to get recovery up and running before anything.

OP
T

tdane09

Reaction score
ok so how do i kep itfrmated as FAT32 and open the recovery file... it hasnt asked me about the new recovery

OP
T

tdane09

Reaction score
im still pretty new to the incredible.. i had the original droid for quite a while and thought i was decent with droids but the incredible has threw me for a loop

OP
T

tdane09

Reaction score
and another thing what does "255: Not Key-card !!!" mean. it says that when i do the simlock thing

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Get your SD card into a card reader and right click it. Then fornmat to fat32. Then put the file in the post we have linked you to on to the root of the SD card. Rename it to PB31IMG then boot into hboot. The phone should do the rest.