Help please!

brendankruse

Reaction score
I just upgraded my phone to Gingerbread, and installed Liberty Rom v.9. Was running fine and then I went to the liberty customizer and reset after I made changes. Since then I cannot get it to load properly. As soon as I boot up I get to the lock screen and then all these apps try to force close continually i can never get to the screen behind. I had a backup on my sd card (or thought I did) and can't find it. When I try to reload the rooted gingerbread, it gets to the very end of the install and then fails and says 'status 7'

Not sure how to fix this. Also, important I might have went in and deleted a bunch of things on the SD card I was not suppose to. I deleted a bunch of folders belonging to certain apps, and that is probably why I am getting the continual force closes. Anyone know how to go in an delete those apps all together so them closing is not an issue?

When I boot reload I used to be able to get to the CWM recovery now I am getting the "android system recovery" which has far less options. When I try to install any zips from here it says failed to verify whole-file signature, signature verification failed.

Please any help anyone could give would be greatfully appreciated. I am thinking if there is a way to ensure that my CWM as opposed to Android System Recovery, that would be helpful. And then once that's done, maybe I can get a copy of a nandroid backup, to reflash, to get it up and running again. ANY ideas or suggestions please! Thanks!

CD95YJ

Reaction score
You cannot get into cwm because you need to be able to bootstrap recovery. Stock recovery will not let you flash a rom or other update.zip file because it runs an authentication check.

I hate to say this but to get back to running right your going to have to sbf back to froyo, root, install the two part .596 TBH zips, and then reinstall liberty.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
B

brendankruse

Reaction score
I had bootstrap recovery installed, and for a while it was sometimes going to CWM through bootstrap and sometimes going to android. Is there a way to force it to go to one or the other? Something else to hold down?

Also, do you have any good links to sbf back to froyo? Why do I have to install a 2-parter to get back to gingerbread once I'm there? When I went from froyo to gb before I went straight to GB rooted using one .zip file.

If I have to use the two parter, do you have a link to that as well? Sorry to ask so many questions, just trying to get this thing working again asap.

Thanks for your help!

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Mydroidworld.com - Droid x section, everything you could want, need, and dream of is pretty much stickied on the first two pages.

Rsdlite, the 2.3.340 sbf, the gb .zip files... all there

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
He has a DROID 2. He will need a different sbf and GB files.

Liberty Gingercomb v.09

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Sry, didn't catch that, but you can most likely still find all you need from mydroidworld.com just under the Droid 2 section.

OP
B

brendankruse

Reaction score
Is there any reason why it's going to Android system recovery rather than Bootstrap even though I have it installed? It was using bootstrap for a while, but not sure why it went to one rathan than the other.

D

dankarlinski

You need to have the bootstrapper installed...

Since we can't flash cwm over the stock recovery due to the locked lootloader issues, they had to use the bootstrapper instead. Now, what that is (just so you have a clarification of what is actually happening) is basically this:

Code is set to run at startup which directs the boot process to go to recovery if a successful boot cannot be accomplished... the bootstrap (for lack of an advanced explaination) basically tells it to go to this different recovery instead.

Long story short, if you are rooted, and have the bootstrap app, you'll have no issues getting into cwr. If you can't get to it, cwr is not set up properly, or you need to re-bootstrap

Sent from my Liberated Droid2 (2.0.1)

OP
B

brendankruse

Reaction score
Yeah so I sbf'd back 2.3.2 and am now back on rooted GB.

I went and redownloaded Bootstrap from the market place, installed it. And it will go to bootstrap when I go into the app and press reboot recovery, it goes straight to CWM, yay. But when I reboot with the power button and hold down 'x' I get the normal reboot. Is it supposed to work like this? Is there a way to get it to go to the bootstrap recovery when manually resetting.

Also, after getting back to rooted GB my apps disappeared and market stopped working. Anyone else have this problem?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Yes, on a "normal" reboot to recovery your phone will boot to stock not cwm, as far as the market, from time to time apps disappear after a reset that's why I use titanium backup.

Cmking76

Reaction score
This happaned to me as well got error 7 but I was on road so could not sbf,so I factory reset and it came up fine the reflashed lib and now everything works great

Bsmooth411

Reaction score
I get continual force closes anytime I install liberty v.9, I finally gave up and decided to wait until next version comes out or justice

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Sry, didn't catch that, but you can most likely still find all you need from mydroidworld.com just under the Droid 2 section.

Dude, you're giving him DX info and help in the D2 section of the forum. Yes, the DX and D2 are alike in many ways but you cannot apply the same exact procedures and files to both phones. Especially a leaked GB meant for DX. And especially you giving him info to find an SBF file from the DX section on another forum site.

You need to stick in the DX forum and help DX users, not the D2 users. If you know a lot about the D2 and the separate files and procedures it uses then your help here is fine but don't be bringing in your DX crap and further messing up someone's phone that is already messed up enough.

mattv111

Reaction score
I get continual force closes anytime I install liberty v.9, I finally gave up and decided to wait until next version comes out or justice

Not positive but I think I might know what your problem is. There are 2 version of stock GB you have to install before installing Liberty 1st the monsterupdate file and then the deodexed GB and then you flash liberty. Try that and see if it works. Hope this helps

Bsmooth411

Reaction score
You may be right, definitely only installed the one monster zip. Having trouble coming up with anything when searching.. got a link?