Help please!

Kanxier

Reaction score
So I brought the liberty tool donate thing from the market it says you need to have Ginger Already and I do and I am rooted too but when I press intall the phone reboot but nothing change its like a normal reboot BUT I think I AM the problem because I still have the first release of gingerbread 4.5.573 baseband 07P nooow im on vacations I want the liberty rom! so what I can do! I just download the 596 version but I need the new baseband to install it. I think and Idk if I install that version I can root my phone and install liberty from the app I brought I hope my info can help me guys =) thank you dancedroid

jack902902

Reaction score
Is the .596 the rooted version?
Make sure you get the rooted one.

When you get into bootstrap to install from .zip, it should also install the new radio.

I went straight from Froyo to .596 and had the new 12P radio.

Tetryon

Reaction score
There is a two part .596 droid x update that you can do from stock froyo. You may have to flash sbf back to original froyo on droid x and then use z4 root before you run the update. After that you can download the liberty 0.8 zip and flash it in clockwork recovery.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
How to go from any ROM to LGB 0.8

How to go from any ROM to LGB 0.8:

What you'll need (google these if you don't have/can't find them):
1. z4root.1.3.0.apk
2. Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap v1.0.0.3.apk (Note the Droid 2, not Droid X.)
3. RSD Lite 4.9
4. VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf
5. TBH's 2-part Rooted GB .596 (You'll find these here: http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/d...-everyone.html - find File Part 1 and File Part 2.)
6. Liberty GB 0.8
7. --A 100% CHARGED BATTERY.--

1. Copy the apk files, TBH zips and Liberty 0.8 to your SD card.
2. Install RSD Lite 4.9 on your PC (Windows only. If you don't have Windows, let us know.)
3. Put your phone in bootloader mode by turning it off then holding down volume down + camera button + power until you see white text on black background. (You might have to release after a few seconds and click the power button once really quickly to get the screen to come up.)
4. Connect your phone to your computer via USB.
5. Run RSD Lite 4.9.
6. Select your phone (it's the only item in the table), then select ... to choose the SBF file you downloaded, then click Start. Wait for your phone to reboot.
-- Problems: 1. If your phone doesn't show up in RSD Lite, let us know. 2. Your phone may get stuck in a boot loop. If it does, hold down the home key to get into stock recovery then wipe data/factory reset. If your phone gets to this point, the SBF was successful whether RSD Lite tells you it was or not.
7. Don't activate your phone. Press the 4 corners of the screen from the top left clockwise (bottom corners ABOVE the on-screen buttons) to skip activation.
8. Enable unknown sources in applications and USB Debugging in applications->development
9. Install and run z4 Root, should reboot your phone. If it doesn't do it yourself.
10. Install Droid 2 Bootstrap, then Bootstrap Recovery, then Reboot Recovery. Phone should reboot into clockwork mod.
11. Install Part 1 of TBH's rooted GB, then Part 2, then LGB 0.8.
12. Wipe data/factory reset.

OP
K

Kanxier

Reaction score
Thanks you guys!! And well yes I cant see my phone in the RSD

Tetryon

Reaction score
You need to download the motorola drivers so windows sees the phone. If you have a 64 bit system, grab the 64 bit drivers. The links escape me at the moment.

OP
K

Kanxier

Reaction score
I can see my device on the program but when I go to the recovery mode it disappear I tried 2 ways connect the phone before and after recovery mode maybe the cheap usb cable is the problem? I have moto drivers installed 32 bit windows

Tetryon

Reaction score
I learned from this vid:

[video=youtube;c58XaWnr6XE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c58XaWnr6XE]YouTube - ‪How To SBF Droid X1 to full 2.3.340 OS 2.2 Now linked for Droid 2‬‏[/video]

Im running 64 bit windows, and had to try this 3-4 times before it would sbf flash properly but it worked!

OP
K

Kanxier

Reaction score
I did it everything but now im stock in the boot logo so I killed my phone?

OP
K

Kanxier

Reaction score
Well I tried with the 2.2 SBF and the new one for ginger and always stock at the logo I dont think I can repair this so thanks to all. you guys are great =). I have to buy a new phone I guess.

Chris-pee

Reaction score
Well I tried with the 2.2 SBF and the new one for ginger and always stock at the logo I dont think I can repair this so thanks to all. you guys are great =). I have to buy a new phone I guess.

I am pretty sure you need to go into the STOCK recovery and do a wipe. I had the same issues the first time i SBF'ed. Hopefully that will clear it up .

Reaction score
If you SBF your phone, it almost always gets stuck in a boot loop. Here's how to fix it. (Yes, stock recovery and do a wipe, but here's the 123):

0. If the phone is plugged in, unplug it.
1. Take the battery out and put it back in
2. Hold the home button and the power button until the little android with the triangle & exclamation mark come up.
3. Press the search button.
4. Use the vol. up & down buttons to go to wipe data/factory reset.
5. Press Camera button to select it.
6. Vol up/down to Yes and #5 again.
7. Reboot.

You always have to wipe data/factory reset after an SBF. For some stupid reason. SBF should really factory reset the phone. :-/

Last edited:

Tetryon

Reaction score
When I did the flashing of sbf, it sometimes took up to 30 minutes, sometimes it would stick on a certain % for a while. It would always give a result code if it failed, or if it passed, it would say to please reboot your phone manually. Which one did you get, if at all?

Reaction score
Whenever you SBF, it will come up at the end and say please reboot your phone manually. At that time, it'll probably boot loop, and that's when you have to go through the steps I just described.

...and yes, it does take a little while. :)

OP
K

Kanxier

Reaction score
I see I get impatient with froyo now I have ginger working. at least I fix the phone thanks to you guys again. I think im not going to flash again lol I will wait a
for the root and then install liberty I guess thanks again so much