Help Please? :\ Not able to update to Z6 OTA.

zentech

Reaction score
I received my phone just the other day and rooted it first thing. I uninstalled a few of the bloatware apps, like bitbop and such. I also froze some of the other applications as well using root explorer. Since then I realized there was an OTA update to fix a few bugs and decided to unfreeze those apps and unroot the phone (which seemed to have worked using SuperOneClick). Now I'm trying to force the update and it says there's no update available. What gives? Shouldn't it pickup the update? I've tried with wifi on and off. I know some of the original bloatware was deleted permanently, but I did do a factory restore as well..still not able to update.

What do I do now? Any help would be appreciated. I really shouldn't have deleted any of those apps, does the OTA update check that all those are intact before updating?

I also get "Server Unavailable" Code 500

Last edited:

Wayneb02

Reaction score
I think somebody posted the update on another forum. I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link to another forum or not

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I received my phone just the other day and rooted it first thing. I uninstalled a few of the bloatware apps, like bitbop and such. I also froze some of the other applications as well using root explorer. Since then I realized there was an OTA update to fix a few bugs and decided to unfreeze those apps and unroot the phone (which seemed to have worked using SuperOneClick). Now I'm trying to force the update and it says there's no update available. What gives? Shouldn't it pickup the update? I've tried with wifi on and off. I know some of the original bloatware was deleted permanently, but I did do a factory restore as well..still not able to update.

What do I do now? Any help would be appreciated. I really shouldn't have deleted any of those apps, does the OTA update check that all those are intact before updating?

When you did the factory reset, did you have 4G enabled or turned off? What you need to do is go to Android & Windows Phone: Tablets, Apps, & ROMs @ xda-developers and get the TOT file for the v4 firmware and flash that. It will get you back to unrooted v4 firmware.

teenomi

Reaction score

hi....... i have visited many of the forums and here i felt people are facing some of the problems and
i want to know that why is it??/